Sunday 17 August 2014

Diva Challenge 180 and a new tangle

Last minute this challenge as I've had a fun-packed busy week!
I was not inspired by the UMT this month but I know that many others have been - and very much so, with an amazing selection of clever effects produced. Thank you for sharing Anneke Van Dam's tangle, Laura.

I decided to use it as a background for a new tangle. It's simple and uses curved and straight lines only and I've been enjoying using it in some ZIAs, which I share here.

Let me know if you fancy trying it out - I'd love to see what can be done! I have included the step outs at the bottom of the page. I have called it 'Romie' after my daughter, Romy...we pronounce it with a short 'o' as in 'often' but I have heard it pronounced as if it were inspired by Rome...you choose!


Romie with a MacDee background

Romie in a ZIA with Meringue and Florz

Step outs for Romie as submitted to Linda at Tangle Patterns....have to wait and see whether I've 'recreated' something that already exists! I've done it once before in absolute innocence so we'll have to see!! 

Thanks for stopping by - don't forget to check out the great UMT tangles on I am the Diva's blogspot!

18 comments:

  1. I would agree that MacDee works well as a background. And, I love your tangle pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Glad you like my Romie tangle. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Romie is a wonderful pattern, Annie. It looks great against MacDee. Great Tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on MacDee being a background, I love your Romie though and will be using that one very soon, thanks for sharing. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda. Do hope you give Romie a go! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo, oo! A new non-grid tangle! It's going straight in my notebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal! It does work in a grid too but I understand it's the non-grid bit that does it for you! Axxx

      Delete
  6. several comments to make - i love your page topper! so pretty!
    your Mac Dee turned out very nice - i like the minimal feel to it!
    and your tangle Romie looks like a lot of fun! i'm going to try it out tomorrow morning :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! I am so pleased myself about my page topper tangle which I did for my in-laws. It turned out better than I had hoped and is my first proper 'painting'!
      Glad you like Romie - hope you enjoy trying it out.
      Axxx

      Delete
  7. Love your new tangle; I'm sure I'll use it. And I like the way you used it with MacDee in your tile. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Audrie. I don't think I did much justice to MacDee but I enjoyed sharing Romie and hope you use it. Axxx

      Delete
  8. Romie is a beautiful and simple to do tangle. Thank you for sharing it, Annie. I like both your tiles, yet the second one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy trying out with Romie, Annemarie - and thank you for your lovely comments. Axxx

      Delete
  9. Wonderful tiles with your new tangle Romie! I like Romie ... it´s so lovely with so many possibilities! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to share, LonettA - I do hope you'll use Romie and enjoy stretching the possibilities as I know you can. Axxx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful tile Annie, and I am off to try out your tangle! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! This time it's a goer - Linda has OK'd it and will put it on Tangle Patterns when she has time. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax