Sunday 29 March 2015

Diva Challenge and String Thing 85

I'm getting way behind with doing Challenges. I don't seem to have enough time in the day to get things done at the moment, never mind leaving myself tangling time. I must try and re-organise!

I have managed to finish Diva Challenge 210 which I enjoyed very much. The challenge was to tangle on a spiral string - one of my favourites - and I decided to go for an unusual combination. A snail shell with a feather tangle and I'm pleased with the result - it took quite a lot of doing and more ink than I usually am prepared to lay down in one tile!

I haven't had an opportunity to look at everyone else's work this week either but I bet there's been some amazing entries - this is something I look forward to seeing when I have a moment!.







And today, I made time to do Adele Bruno's String Thing Challenge but if I don't hurry up, it won't get to her in time! So, in great haste, here is number 85 and it's another spiral!! Hurray! I failed totally at Mumsy, no matter how many times I tried it. I will have to give it another go in a bigger format, I think. But this was a new way to do Printemps for me - it is one of my very favourite tangles - which I did following Adele's suggestions. Very pleased I am with the results, so pleased with Printemps that I had hardly any room to include Kelp. Can you just see it ? Looking forward to seeing how Mumsy SHOULD be done when Adele publishes the tiles.



Thanks to both Laura and Adele.

4 comments:

  1. I like both of your tiles, but the challenge piece for the Diva's challenge is my favorite. It's absolutely amazing. The shading, and the penwork are both right on the mark. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Annie, these are both gorgeous. I love the spiral and the background. What a brilliant idea to use Printemps in it. The shading is also done very well. The second one is great too, Printemps is really very different this way and I have to say that Mumsy gave me a very hard time too.
    Glad to see you back, by the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Great tile but i think your take on Diva challenge 210 is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Great tile but i think your take on Diva challenge 210 is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax