Saturday 23 May 2015

Diva Challenge 218 White on Black

The Diva had a 'low key' birthday last week - a relief, I should think, after all the dramas. I hope she has a great year, she really does deserve it and I'm sure there will be some good times ahead. I can see an improvement in little Artoo in the year that has passed and he has taken the hurdles in front of him with determination and courage. I hope things continue so in the years to come.

Our challenge this week was to tangle white on black or - if that wasn't possible or we chose otherwise - to tangle on something we had found. I knew that somewhere I had some black card. It took me an age to locate it and so I am saying this is my 'found' object. Is that OK?

I had an overwhelming urge to do a Zendala. There are not too many identifiable tangle patterns in this option, but you will see Zinger, some modified Japan Diamonds, Laced and Bales and a passing nod to Cyme. It was done on the scale of a Zentangle tile - you can just see my pencil outline I think - and I drew it entirely freehand, hence the irregularities!! LOVED doing it and will definitely be doing more. (Even though I have no shading on this at all and I am addicted to shading!) The lighter part in the top left is because I took a photo rather than scanning it.

Thank you and enjoy all the other contributions on Laura's blog, I am the Diva.



Have a great week! Axxx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very delicate zendala! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of work!
    It seems to glow from the inside. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kritzel - to be honest, I find Zendalas fairly fast to finish. They seem to do themselves! Axxx

      Delete
  3. whoa!!! This is a wonderful creation...the tangles work together so well...like they were meant for this zendala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Lynell! I find the zendalas quite simple to do and the tangles, although limited, suggest themselves. Axxx

      Delete
  4. This is fabulous and I can't believe it's so small. All my lines blur together if I try so much detail in white on black. And freehand - I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankk you Margaret. I bought a whole boxful of 0.1 white gel pens once and they're lovely to use. I do find doing the zendalas very relaxing and they are not difficult. Honest! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax