Wednesday 17 June 2015

Diva Challenge 222 - Bursting with Pride!

The Diva challenged us to use colour this week. I don't do a lot of colour because I really do like the Zentangles in black and white. OK...that's not entirely true. I think some people have an incredible way with colour and oodles of patience to get just the effect they want.
I don't have that talent or patience. Which is why I prefer black and white....

However, I love a challenge and I also like to demonstrate my support to those who have things a little harder than I do. We should all be able to be proud of who we are, what we do and who we love. So for this week, I have started at the middle and worked outwards in the form of a Zendala. Every 'layer' is a symbol of recognition for every strata in society; each ring of the Zendala is an embrace of our differences; every colour a band of pride for what we can achieve and for our love of each other.

Be different. Be proud. Without you, the world would not be so colourful.

(and thank you Laura.)


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You should frame and sell your work - if you don't already. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gaynor!! I don't frame OR sell my work...not sure I have the market here in Spain but I really appreciate you thinking that I could. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Zendala and such thought behind it. What a lovely inclusive person you must be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tortoise - I am from Yorkshire!! Axxx

      Delete
  4. I love how this grew and the thought process behind it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I may have applied the thought AFTER the process...:-)
      Axxx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful zendala and wise words!Thank you for sharing your thought process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, LonettA - I am really enjoying creating Zendalas. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Wow, Annie, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I keep looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie! It is very satisfying to draw Zendalas. Ax

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax