Friday 12 June 2015

Diva Challenge 221 - Beads of Courage

Little Artoo has had a big year. He's looking so grown up recently and is clearly such a sweetie. He's been through a great deal in his short life and has lots and lots of courage. Like all children with serious illnesses, he has had many encounters with hospitals and I think that to receive recognition of his bravery, the Beads of Courage project is a lovely one.

The Diva's Challenge this week is to make a Zentangle pattern using the Beads of Courage as the theme. I remember doing this last year and for a few days, was a bit stuck as to how to do something different. Then I just started and let the Zen lead me!

This is for you, Artoo. Brave, brave boy with a great family who love you. Here's to you and all the other children who have to go through more than we would wish for them.

Axxx


12 comments:

  1. I like this, Annie! The beads are beautiful and I also like the frame; never thought of using this tangle for it. May 'steal' this idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie. The frame I am sure I saw somewhere else and is so very simple, yet effective - you must try it! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful tile with deilghtful beads! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA - glad you like it. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colored beads! I love the ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonine. I don't often use colour but I like how this has turned out - they are Gelly Roll Sparkly shades and really nice in 'real life'! Axxx

      Delete
  4. A Gorgeous Tile, Annie. Your beads are spectacular and the highlights super-charge them. I love how you threaded the beads with multiple ribbons. A beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, thank you David. I am pleased with the effect the highlight gives them! Axxx

      Delete
  5. A wonderful tile - so beautiful - and so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don´t know your name but I love your title! I do so agree. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax