Tuesday 14 July 2015

Diva Challenge 225 - with Katie Crommett CZT and 'Simplicity'

It's funny really, that most people, when they see a tangled tile, assume that it's taken hours and hours of work and is really complicated to do.  I always find it difficult to explain in words that it's not so complicated and many tiles are started and finished well within the hour. So I was pleased to see that this week's guest contributor to the Diva Challenge, Katie Crommett, decided to focus on this aspect of tangling.

She talks about how there is a lot of emphasis these days on simplifying our lives - but the advice is often complex and creates additional work or expense or just stultifies us.

But not Zentangle. I think it is why I love doing it so much. You can just begin anywhere that there's a space for you to sit, with just a pen and a bit of paper (yes, having tiles is better, but it's not an essential when the mood is upon you, is it?) and, breathing out and in, start with that first, always exciting line. Thank you Katie for focusing us on this aspect.

I chose two tangles - possibly the simplest I could think of - Keeko as the border, and a little fat Btljoos - a very simple version too - taking centre stage.
(OK, so my Keeko didn't quite line up, so there's a single Tipple in there too....) And the rest, I left simply white.

And I enjoyed every second of the ten minutes or so that it took me to do.


23 comments:

  1. beutiful tile, i like the border and your shading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ulrike! This is one of my favourite - and very simple - borders. Ax

      Delete
  2. I love how you added that Tipple! Superb tangle rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I love a little tipple! Ax

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen. Whimsical is such a good word and perfect for BtlJoos! Ax

      Delete
  4. Keeko as a border, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilse - I'm sure I must have seen it somewhere but I do think it works so well as a border. I use it a lot. Ax

      Delete
  5. Wonderful simplicity! I like your Keeko border, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was so simple! And I love Keeko as a border. Ax

      Delete
  6. Yes! This is just why I love Zentangle as well. I love your shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! Great challenge. Ax

      Delete
  7. Lovely Annie, I like the shining in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - it's one of the reasons I love Btl Joos - it really does shine! Axxx

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely tile with great shadowing and light spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind words, Sigrid - thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  9. Great shading on this. Like the simple Btljoos. I do not think that I have ever used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I adore BtlJoos - it can be quite outrageous and is always fun to do. Ax

      Delete
  10. Ten minutes very well spent! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lively and amusing. I have never used BtlJoos. I looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I thought I'd come and see what you are up to over here, and you are speaking a strange language. Is there a glossary?

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax