Tuesday 21 July 2015

Diva Challenge 227 - Guest blogger, Lee Darter and 'Circus Life'

Well here is a different challenge! This week's the Diva's guest blogger is Lee Darter, CZT and she has come up with the ingenious idea of using the circus as inspiration. And she picked us some great tangles to put us in the mood.

Tropicana, by Lady Kate Arhens - and if you're reading Kate, hope things are OK with you, sending big hugs - and Cack by Adele Bruno. Two lovely ladies and two lovely tangles as a start. We were then given the option of adding Fescu, Florz or Linq.  I did two this week, though not sure if either are QUITE as circusy as they could be but they were fun to do. It's hot here and just typing is leaving me feeling 'wrung out'. You may notice my heavy shading this week - sweaty hands help the effect!

The first uses Linq and the second, Florz.


This is upside down from the way I drew it, but I like it better this way.
I don't like that my scanner has removed my subtle shading under Florz though....

Bet we have some real fun entries this week. I will be checking them out during the week. Thank you Lee!

Axxx

24 comments:

  1. Lovely, both shine and shade. I forget those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tortoise. For a long time, I struggled to use sparkle but I think I've always loved the effect of shading and sometimes rush to get to that part. Axx

      Delete
  2. I just love, love, love both your tiles! What a creative way to use these tangles.
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee - a great challenge, very inspiring and some lovely tangles. Axxx

      Delete
  3. I like both of these. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. I particularly like the look you gave Florz so that it appears to be the net to catch those falling acrobats with the audience looking on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It was my intention to make Florz look like the net - but originally, it was the other way up. So glad I instinctively knew it was better upside down - ready to catch! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Both tiles are great! My favorite part is in the first one, where you Linq-ed Tripoli :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilse! I like these tangles and they work well together. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Both are beautiful tiles. I really like the undulation you have going on in the Tropicana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alecia - and I like the word 'undulation' - I try to undulate! Axx

      Delete
  7. Wow, I love them both, Annie! I think the second is quiet 'circussy' (is this an English word?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - we can say almost anything in English but not sure whether I would put one or two 's' s...but I know what you mean and I'm delighted you think so! Axxx

      Delete
  8. I find both tiles really beautiful. My favorite is the second one, with the cack tangles dancing like artists under a bridge or bow. This meets the challenge so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sigrid - it's lovely to get really specific comments. Axxx

      Delete
  9. It is such a pleasure to see my pattern used. Thank you for this gift at this time in my life. You are a Rock Star! Thanks for the Hugs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just been onto your blog, Kate and seen your gorgeous version of your own amazing pattern - you knew I was a fan of this one, didn't you! Thanks for popping by. More hugs! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax