Thursday 24 September 2015

Diva Challenge 236 - 'Tangle unexpected'......Pear pressure

I loved the idea that Laura had - inspired - this week. Tangle on something you don't usually tangle on...Her lovely tangle was on a map, which really is a great idea. The string is there for you, you can take any direction you want and always find your way back again!

I didn't want to copy. But I was tempted by the idea, I admit.

I didn't peak at what others were doing - not to start with - but then Laura posted on Facebook that people were having a great time and coming up with all sorts of incredible ideas - including tangling on cows, pottery, wood and goodness knows what else. I couldn't resist having a look and was blown away by the range of things people had done their tangles on!

But it left me stuck. I shouldn't have looked - I had been thinking about tangling on a piece of sheet music. I even started but it was definitely uninspired and I saw that it had been done already.
I was feeling the pressure.

I've already tangled on a T shirt; I've tangled on eggs, I've tangled on wood - love that - and my recent mandala obsession has been mostly on pebbles. I teach two little girls and I even tangle on them most weeks - 'tattoo' style...I don't have a cow, the dog wouldn't let me....so what on earth could I do that was different?

Last night, after doing all the usual evening chores, I went outside to my little pear tree, which this year has produced some wonderful eating pears - big, nice and firm, not mushy - absolutely delicious. I sat down with pen and paper to try and find inspiration.

It only took one bite....(and possibly the recollection of Jean Chaney's realistic photo tangle!)...


Trying out Akua's lovely new tangle 'Hamail' - and loving it! Also, Shattuck which you can see to the left. There's a bit of Tipple underneath but you can't actually see that!



Here you can see the inspiring bite - and where my pen didn't actually work quite as well - with another new tangle, only just visible on the top part - Kisses - by Adele Bruno. Underneath, believe me, are a couple of rows of Birds on a Wire.



Not the best picture, I agree. And I got some very funny looks - but tellingly, no comments - from the rest of the family.










As always, a big thanks to the Diva for such a fun challenge. I have now to see what else people have come up with. Thanks for looking.

Axxx

12 comments:

  1. LOL! Love your tangled "real" pear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - I definitely was inspired by your magazine pepper...seemed like a good idea. I've eaten the pear now - peeled, of course. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant job on the pear, and it looks a tasty one too. Great blog, enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious...I left it overnight but couldn't resist it the next day. Thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It certainly was! I will have to use edible ink next time...didn't fancy eating the peel though I usually do. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Lianne. It's disap'pear'ed now! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Love your pear! Would have been fun to be able to read the minds of your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. They should have been thinking, 'wow, what a creative mum we have,' but I suspect it was more, 'oh my, what is she doing now?'
      Axxx

      Delete
  6. Annie, I love your pear! And good for you that you took bite out of it! It creates a whole new artistic approach! :0) Thanks for such a friendly comment on my blog! (Yes, I figured it was time for me to change my blog, since the other one was being taken over by Zentangle and not much about quilling any more.) I actually had it in progress but waited till my CZT class to launch it!

    Anyway, I did find when I lightly marked the banana I tangled, it did leave a beautiful colored line all by itself. I was going to take another photo a day after I tangled it, because the color was so much darker and richer. But my son ate it! :0) Good to see you on here and thanks again for the compliment! :0)Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pear, especially that you had a bite first :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax