Tuesday 27 September 2016

Diva Challenge 286 - Straight to it

This is just what I needed this week, Laura. Thank you for a 'straightforward' challenge.
This week - just use straight lines. No nice softening curves. B-rad thought Laura's tile looked 'angry' and a bit frustrated because Laura likes to use nice curves and it was quite difficult for her to stick to straight lines.

I actually needed to something that needed no artistic involvement. I needed straight lines and deep Zen. I've begun teaching again - not after a long, hazy, relaxing summer - after a couple of quiet weeks. All summer, I've been teaching intensive English classes and it's been...well, intensive! My present to myself for all the extra work has been to get a new car! Not a bad payoff, but something we've needed for quite some time. I'm very happy with it apart from I seem to have put my sacroiliac joint out of place - not used to a manual gear change - and being reminded that I once broke my left kneecap. Sigh. However, I love driving and I love my new car. Perhaps it's time for a new body!!

Straight lines - no need to engage brain too much. And a lot of Zen to be gained.
I used C-Wing, Yincut, Fassett and my own, Skwirl - which I promise is only straight lines, but with the shading, creates the impression of circles.


Thank you Laura.



18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new car. I had one lesson on a stick shift about 35 years ago, but since I never had regular access to a stick shift car, I never mastered it. In the US, automatics far out number manual transmissions. I also used Fassett. I looked at Skwirl, but somehow thought it involved curved lines. Obviously, I need to take a better look. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shading, beautiful tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your choice of tangles and congratulations on your new car, that's always a fun present! 👍😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your selection of patterns. And, I love how the shading actually makes the straight lined pattern look rounded. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tile and tangles. I want to try your pattern Skwirl, it is so pretty and I love how it changes shape with shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shading on your tile. Congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful composition! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully composed! I love your pattern choices and the optical illusion of some rounding. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is a beautiful tile, Annie! Great to have a new car, enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice tile with great shading. Congrats on the car, and if you find out how to get that new body, please share. I need one too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shading, and I had forgotten about Skwirl - thanks for bringing it back to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of tangles and love the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Lovely combination of tangles and well drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was much more zen with this week's challenge too. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tile! Love your Skwirl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, you got a new car.. and the drawing is awesome..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax