Tuesday 13 September 2016

Diva Challenge 284 - Monotangle to Tripoli

Tripoli - one of my all time favourite tangles, and the 'tri' part means three, then here are three of my own Tripoli monotangles. This is Laura's challenge this week on I am the Diva - how could I resist?

The first is one that I did when Holly Atwater did the guest blog for the Diva. It was an 'audio' tangle, where I followed her instructions - only at the beginning, I didn't know I was drawing Tripoli and made all my inner triangles different sizes. I was delighted with the result! Still am...it's a personal favourite.


My second one I am not so pleased with. I made a sort of Tripoli as my tangle,  and then filled it with Tripolis. It didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped, but here is it - as sort of Tripoli Pizza!


And then because it really IS one of my favourites, a simple one to compensate for the very busy pizza one - I enjoyed doing this one and am happy with the effect.


Thanks Laura. Off to see what delights await me on the blogs of those who took the challenge this week.

11 comments:

  1. Three Tripoli's and all so very different. I like them all, but the pizza one made me smile, so that deserves to be the favorite :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tiles! I love them all. I remember that audio challenge. That was the first and only time I managed a decent Tripoli. I can see why it's your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely tile to do - and thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  3. They are all great, Annie. But, I must admit that I like the pizza one best. I always love a tangle inside of a tangle. One time I did Hollibaugh inside of Holligaugh inside of Hollibaugh. Just fun like looking with a mirror into a mirror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Me too - I also did a Hollibaugh inside a Hollibaugh. Glad you like my Tripoli Pizza but the first one will always be a favourite for me. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Wow I really like all three tiles and the techniques you've used. There is something special about that first one though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Suse. Glad you like the first one....Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are wonderful! Especially I like your Tripoli pizza ... what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette! I am beginning to suspect that the idea of a Tripoli Pizza is very appealing....Axxx

      Delete
  7. Three delightful and very different views of Tripoli… love them all, but the first is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax