Saturday 21 July 2018

And now I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT)

Oh my! So much has happened in the past few months. First at the end of March, I broke my ankle and spent 6 weeks in plaster, feeling slightly worried that I had a big trip planned in June...was all going to be OK?

Well the answer was yes! I recovered really well from the fall - which happened in hospital and deserves a whole book of its own - and on 16th June, I flew out from Edinburgh to Rhode Island to take part in the 30th CZT training seminar.

It was above and beyond my expectations to be absolutely honest, although I should have known because all the CZTs that I have as friends told me it would be! Holly - I had a ball. I met lots and lots of lovely new people, all who were equally as passionate about Zentangle as I am. I was saved from disaster by Kristi from Santa Cruz, when I discovered my return flight was a whole day later than I had thought. We had such a lovely day together and parted as real friends.

Rick and Maria were so wonderful as teachers and are genuinely good people - no doubt about it. I was just slightly worried that after so many seminars, they would have a polished and slick delivery style that came from doing so many sessions, but they obviously loved every minute and were delighted to share with yet another group of  followers just how incredible the Zentangle Method really is.

I was so pleased to find a couple from Gran Canaria, with whom I could exchange those now essential morning kisses and to continue speaking Spanish like I do at home. Hola Pinito! Hola Daniel! What a joy to get to know them. I'm not going to mention everyone else by name, but I suspect we all felt we'd had the greatest luck in being there all together.

And so now, I am one of a small number of CZTs in Spain - the only one in Andalucia as far as I can see - and so very happy to have done the course.  I particularly enjoyed being a student, rather than a teacher. I feel that studying the Zentangle Primer and reading all Rick and Maria's newsletters and blogs had given me a great insight into the philosophy and methodology of Zentangle already and that I have tried from the outset to align my teaching with their principles. I was delighted to feel the fun and joy they still feel and want to share through the process, because sometimes, the written word cannot convey their wonderful sense of humour and the obvious fact that they LIVE Zentangle. It's not that they do or don't take it seriously, it's who they are and they really enjoy that. I was reassured on a deep level that what I have been doing and what I want to continue doing with Zentangle is 'the right thing'. So, yes, I came back and floated on my Zentangle wings for at least another week as the realisation sank in that I had been and done it! Four years in the anticipation and I'm happy to say, it really was worth it.


Thank you Rick. Maria, Molly, Martha and all the team that make Zentangle what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax