Tuesday 29 July 2014

Diva Challenge 178

Well, after her incredibly busy few weeks, Laura, the Diva is back on her blog again. Her guest posters have been inspiring and engaging and I for one am very glad she invited them to offer their challenges! And it's lovely to have Laura back and have a glimpse of her life and her lovely family. Looks like they've all been enjoying themselves, which is good to know.

And a challenge this week that I've enjoyed very much. I recently discovered Margaret Bremner's lovely 'Prestwood' tangle and have managed to sneak it into almost everything I've done since. And for my initial tangle this week, I found another, very similar tangle to this one called 'Tipz' and it's given me much the same sort of pleasure! Thank you, Faith Cohen!

So - 'Tipz' was my choice for my surname initial...but oh, how difficult it was to choose one for 'Annie'....so many of my favourites begin with 'A'....Ahh, Agua, Aquafleur, Aura-leah, Aura-knot.....I could go on but I won't. SO! I decided to do one I've never done before and I chose it for the name. Arundel. Designed by Arja de Lange-Huisman during a visit to this lovely place in the south of England. It used to be a place I visited when I lived not too far away and I don't think I ever went there without falling in love with it a little bit more. So Arundel is another new favourite. 

And here they are together. Arundel and Tipz - AT, that's me!



Thanks again, Laura. Lovely, lovely challenge! As always, it is now my pleasure to go and see what everyone else has done with their initials!

25 comments:

  1. Nice combination of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilse, you are very kind, thank you. Axxx

      Delete
  2. I too have used Prestwood quite a bit lately and love what you have done with Tipz, must give that one a try. Great shading too :) Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, if you like Prestwood, you'll love Tipz too, Linda. It's great to shade too...Axxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tile and your choice of tangles really work well together. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dragonfly-Artz... I tried to choose two that had very different qualities and I'm pleased how well they go together. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Great tile and the shading is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Kate! They lent themselves to shading...Axxx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful tile with great shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Lonetta! I enjoyed it very much. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you Antonine! (What a lovely name you have!) Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neither of these are tangles that I have used. I like them both and you blended them together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited by Tipz, Jean - really enjoyed that one, and Arundel is quietly rather nice too. Thanks Axxx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Delighted you think so, Annemarie! Thanks, Axxx

      Delete
  9. Great tile, Annie. Both tangles that I've never used; although I have used Prestwood. Now that I've seen your tile, I'll be sure to try out Tipz. And I guess I'll have to give Arundel a go, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrie. Aren't they lovely tangles - and if you like Prestwood, I know you'll love Tipz too! Axxx

      Delete
  10. You can't go wring with 'Tipz'! You did a beautiful job on combining it with 'Arundel'! Just lovely!!:0) Share humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, isn't Tipz a good one. I do like them together. Axxx

      Delete
  11. The combination of curvy and angular is very effective and I find myself staring to work out how you got it to be so "over/under and through". These challenges are so much more than having a go at doing a tile. We then have the pleasure of seeing someone else's interpretation and the puzzle of how they did it. Triple the fun. Thank you, annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggibee - I did put some thought into choosing two tangles that gave me the opportunity to put the curve and straight together so I'm delighted you've taken time to check it out! I do the same on other people's tangles and as you say, it just adds to the pleasure of tangling! Thank you again. Axxx

      Delete
  12. Great tile. The way that you did the tangles and your shading give his piece a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I did enjoy doing very much and it's always nice to think that shows afterwards. Axxx

      Delete
  13. Your monogram looks gorgeous in tangles. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax