Friday 11 July 2014

Diva Challenge 175 - UMT Crux

I have been so busy doing non-tangle things recently that I haven't had time to do many challenges - but how could I possibly not do the Diva's Weekly Challenge - especially on UMT (Use My Tangle) week?

I love this tangle and was tempted in many ways to do something creative and clever with it...tempted, but in the end (OK, after several dreadful attempts at cleverness that looked less than clever at the end!) I decided it was more important to master the basis tangle. And it's lovely enough just as it is, I think.

Black on white for a change. Great fun. Thank you so much, Laura (I am the Diva) and Henrike Bratz who is the creator of Crux.


Axxx


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe - it was a very straight forward approach....the mystical must come from the tangle itself!! Axxx

      Delete
  2. It sparkles! Love the white on black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really such a lovely tangle that it looks good just as it is, doesn't it? Thanks Axxx

      Delete
  3. This really looks lovely with the white on black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate - I love this tangle so much and will definitely use it again....in many different ways. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Annie! Annie! Annie!! This is stunning! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the white on black. It's a beautiful effect! (I do have a hard time believing that you had any trouble creating anything clever!) Thank you so much for visiting me at my blog earlier this week and for leaving such a lovely comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly - your enthusiasm alone makes me smile - and your words are so encouraging! I have a hard time, look, not even clever enough to scan it straight!! And I was delighted to read your joyful post about the CZT seminar. Axxx

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous and very delicate! Great on the black paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LonettA - your words are much appreciated! Axxx

      Delete
  6. I love the way this spreads light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - you always say something well-considered and special about my tangles and I do appreciate it. Axxx

      Delete
  7. My practice attempt was quite good but then I had several where I messed up - and although in Zentangle, this is supposed to be OK...there are times when you know yourself that it's just 'not'!! This simple version was fun and theraputic to do. Thanks for leaving me this comment, Diane. Axxx

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax