Tuesday 13 January 2015

The 200th Diva Challenge!!

Congratulations, Laura on posting the 200th Diva Challenge. I do admire you for keeping things going and providing so many of us with such a focus in our Zentangle lives! Indeed, I know some of us have Monday's challenge as a key point in every week....myself included. Thanks again. I know it's not possible that you have more hours in the day, but you certainly pack an amazing amount into your life and that of your family. And congratulations for that too,

Our challenge this week is to do a monotangle and include '200' in the tile - oh, and work right to the edges! I quite like going 'to the edge' - not just in tangling - and I like the idea here.

I used 200 as a string and chose to use my very first EVER tangle, Betweed (with just a touch of Tipple...tiniest touch) as my monotangle. It ended up quite simple and I was tempted to add more...but I resisted!



Here's to the next 200!

20 comments:

  1. Your Betweed is so nicely done. I'm not sure that I don't think of Tipple as a tangle enhancer more than a tangle on its own, so I would still call this a monotangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - you're very kind. Tipple is an enhancer, without doubt, but it also is a tangle in its own right...At least you don't thing I've cheated!
      Axxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tile. We had the same idea.your betweed is also Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmela. I love so many tangles, but Betweed is always a favourite. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe. I enjoyed doing this one very much. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Terrific idea, Annie, using 200 as a string. Betweed is a wonderful pattern, and I love how you used it in your design. Well done Annie, and Viva Le Diva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celebrate 200 big is what I thought! Thank you so much. Betweed is just a fantastic tangle - glad you like mine here. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful tile and your Betweed is beautifully and creatively done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Excellent job with Betweed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy, I'm always delighted to get a 'wow'! Axxx

      Delete
  7. Great tile, pretty Betweed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use Betweed, Annie. A lovely tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie - I do like doing Betweed and did it small and big here. Axxx

      Delete
  9. I really like how you used betweed (my favorite also). I'm glad you resisted the urge to add more, because it is simply perfect as is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tile! Very creative use of Betweed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like all the Betweed across the page. Nice job using it to create the numbers. Your shading adds a lot to this tile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betweed has always been a favorite! BEAUTIFUL work on this bi-zen-tennial celebration occasion!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax