Tuesday 3 February 2015

Diva Challenge 203 UMT

It was a lovely family post from Laura this week, introducing the UMT challenge. This month we have the super simple and flexible 'Athitzi' by Eleanor Holt. Little lines - draw 'em straight, make 'em curve but keep 'em little!

Having missed a few challenges recently, I was initially rather disappointed that our challenge seemed so....well, EASY! However, when I tried it, I really enjoyed the process and ended up with a monotangle...(although the border is really Keeko, isn't it?) - something I seem to be doing a lot these days.

Thank you Laura, thank you Eleanor - a pleasurable and very Zen hour to produce my tile for the challenge this week.



And whilst I'm here, I am going to post a couple of the Square One challenges on my blog as I'm rather pleased with one of them and the other is one of my favourite ever tangles.

First up is Rixty - I felt inspired and this is possibly one of my favourite ever tiles! And I have no idea why except I thought I couldn't really do a good Rixty and so was pleasantly surprised...and it was also my first attempt at Akoya which I now adore!

And lastly, the challenge this week is 'Quandary' which many people seem to have a problem with. I suspect they are the perfectionists...for me, I love the tangle and haven't the slightest problem if my petals are out of kilter or I unexpectedly end up with 5 or 7 of them. I just love it! Here is my monotangle....



Thank you so much for popping by - hope you'll let me know what you think. I have been SOOO busy recently that I haven't had the chance to check out recent Diva Challenges and am missing visiting some of my favourite blogs. Hope to put that right very soon.

Axxx

15 comments:

  1. I love the way you did your challenge piece, and awesome shading! Rixty tile is fun with the black to set it off and your Quandary tile outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that Athitza can be mesmerizing. It looks like you managed to come up with a theme. The perfs are a nice touch. As for your comment on my challenge blog post----my Spanish is Mexican/South American. I lived in Mexico for a year as a child and I spent a college semester studying at a university in Bogotá and living with a Colombian family. They say that the Spanish spoken in Andalucia is the most like Latin American Spanish, so I have less trouble following along there in conversation than in Madrid. BTW, I'm doing a CZT training in Providence in April. We have a FB group and I know there will be some Spanish speakers---a woman from Ecuador and another from Madrid. I love how international it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a most exotic way to become a Spanish speaker! The accent in Andalucia is very different from Madrid - and each province has a slightly different set of idiosyncrasies but I am getting used to them and my children have very pronounced Andaluz accents now, which amuses their grandparents who speak good Castillian.
      I envy you doing the CZT training - there's not a chance for me but I think I have been in touch with a couple of people in Madrid via Facebook, one who has done the training and one who intends doing it. Maybe one day I could take a class with them!
      You have a great start to the new year planned - enjoy!
      Axxx

      Delete
  3. I really like all of your tiles especially the UMT for this week. Thought it was kind of easy, but it was so relaxing and zen!

    Be happy,
    Jacque
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacque - you're quite right. This week's tangle was easy but oh so very comfortable to do! Axxx

      Delete
  4. All are very nice but your Quandary monotangle is my favourite - is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lily. I do love Quandary! Axxx

      Delete
  5. All three are absolutely wonderful! I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your challenge tile is very pretty, Annie. But ..... the Rixty one is fantastic, I keep looking at at. The last onde is beautiful too, I'm one of those people who are having great problems with that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - and I'm delighted you like my Rixty tangle. It was such fun watching it grow almost by itself. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Love your Post, Annie. All three of your Tiles are wonderful. Love your Quandary tile. You are very accomplished at drawing that pattern and your Tile is superb, as are the other two. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. Your Challenge piece has a Steam Punk flair to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Donald, your Athitza does have a steam punk feel to it. I like your other two tiles as well.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax