Tuesday 25 August 2015

Diva Challenge 232 - with Holly Atwater

Monday morning and I was all sorted - beds stripped, washing in, chores done - time for a coffee and a check on the Diva Challenge this week.
I was delighted to see it was Holly Atwater! I remember it was Holly who first told me that my tangle 'Skwirl' had been published on Tangle Patterns and her genuine delight for me was evident even over the many miles that separate us. I've always loved her Zentangle work and her beautiful blog, Ha! Designs and incredible family.

And I loved this week's challenge - a chance to sit down, listen and tangle in a meditative manner. I positively RUSHED at it....no Bijou tile and an ill-drawn square on my paper, grabbed from the printer supply......oops! But once I began, listened to and followed Holly's gentle instructions, I really went with the flow and enjoyed every second. And was very pleased with the result.

I did Audio 1, with the result shown here and I shall probably have a go at the other two as well, if I get chance this week.


I've also been doing a lot of pebble painting and paintings of painted pebbles.


The first is part of a set that I did for a friend whose daughter is having a beach wedding. This stone is representative of her partner's incredible hairstyle - a huge blond Mohican, which he usually wears flattened down in a pony tail...but I do hope it will be fully crested for the wedding! I haven't shown the other other one, which is based on their initials....JUST in case there's any chance they'll see them.






The two pebbles fit together so perfectly and I'm very pleased with them. They're winging their way in a little wooden chest to my friend, so she can place them in just the right place on the day. (I don't know where that is, but she does!)

And then I did a pebble just for my hubby - to hold his papers down.



And then I drew a picture of a painted pebble! I do like painted pebbles.


In fact, I like them so much, that I'm going to the beach just now to collect some more.

Thanks again Holly! Lovely challenge and more to look forward to.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, YT! And absolutely the most fun to do. Axxx

      Delete
  2. I love that little splash of colour on the Betweed tile and your pebbles are like jewels. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, though I am laughing because I didn't do Betweed and therefore there is no splash of colour....but the pebbles are definitely mine!! Axxx

      Delete
    2. Alright, you got me. What was I thinking of? Does this mean that everyone I commented on has got half a comment belonging to someone else? Embarrassed apologies...

      Delete
  3. Nice choice, to let the size of the inner triangles change. Love your tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The result, Ilse, of drawing the lines before listening to the instructions....lol! Thank you. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Annie... Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments! You are so generous!

    I LOVE how your tile turned out... It is stunning! I adore the variety of sizes of your inner triangles and pearls. Of course, it is beautifully drawn and shaded like all your beautiful art!

    The pebbles are fantastic! That is going to be a very special and treasured gift... You are extremely thoughtful! Your picture of a painted pebble looks like a real pebble too! Beautiful all around!

    Thanks again for participating and for all your lovely words (and art)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always felt a lovely affinity with you, Holly, so really enjoyed this one. Lovely words from you too. Many thanks, Axxx

      Delete
  5. I like the layout of your tile and its shade. Your painted pebbles are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Christine! I did try to follow instructions without being too rigid. I like the tile too. Axxx

      Delete
  6. You came up with a recognizable tangle based on the audio meditative challenge. I was feeling to uninspired to try to up my Zen, so I went with tried and true Betweed. You did a great job with the perfs and shading. Your tile almost looks lie a shiny decorated pebble --- which brings us to your painted pebbles. Great idea for a wedding gift and they're beautiful. Do you always find your rocks at the beach or do you also find them elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. I had seen Holly's audio guidance before and didn't have the patience to try it but I can say it's quite nice to do - good for a beginner.
      Glad you like my pebbles. I do get them from the beach - we're not near enough to go every day but it's a nice day out and both hubby and I scour the beach for 'good' pebbles...there's one beach where the pebbles are beautifully smooth and quite round. It's very satisfying painting them.
      Axxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely tile and also great pebbles. I do tangle on pebbles, but never in color; maybe I'll try it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie. It's new for me to be using colour and I'm really getting into it. Very satisfying. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax