Thursday 8 October 2015

Diva Challenge 238 - UMT - Tri-bee by Beate Winkler. CZT

Oh Laura: Oh Beate! Oh JOY!!

Yes, I have so enjoyed this week's challenge. Tri-bee, by Beate Winkler (such a great name, by the way..) is a real hit with me. It's Zentangle, no doubt but it has all the things I like about doing mandalas included. Perfect - so thanks to Laura for including it in this week's challenge and thanks to Beatte for creating it.

And as I enjoyed it so much, I did two tiles this week including Tri-bee.

Here is the first, with Hollibaugh showing before and after shading versions.


Before shading


And after.

And then this morning, suffering a heavy cold and feeling sorry for myself, my husband brought me the post which included this gorgeous book that I forgot I had ordered.






It has lovely tan-coloured paper inside of a reasonable thickness and I love it!! So I have done another tile, including the new tangle by Antonine Koval, Oybay, which is also wonderful. I feel better already...although I can't stop sneezing and my nose is still running...
















To be honest, these colours are far from true to life - for some reason, all my white highlights look blue and the tan is a strange shade of sand...but I like it and as I'm feeling suddenly all weak and feeble, I'm going to leave it as it is....need to lie down.




17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! Sorry your not feeling well. Thanks for sharing the pre-shading pic too. It always amazes me how much life it brings to a piece. Your final piece is fantastic. I love "Oybey" and practiced it a while back when Antonine first posted it. Now it's time to get it into some finished work. Thanks for the inspiration! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele - lovely words of encouragement and approval - makes me feel better! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Feel better! Your work is lovely and what a fun new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. Silly, really but the new book has really inspired me. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Nice to include the picture of the before/after shading. Think it shows the importance of the shading. Really like the color tile. Would not have known that it was not true colors. I kind of like the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I like it when others do the pre-post photos but usually, I shade as I go along...today, everything flowed and I finished tangling before touching my pencil. I don't know why the colours are so far off but I too rather like the blue!
      Axxx

      Delete
  4. You did so very well in spite of your cold. Hope you feel a bit better by now. Take care! Oh, and what a gorgeous book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - unfortunately, I feel awful!! My husband has it too and we are feeling very sorry for ourselves. The book has gone a long way to make me happy though. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Both tiles are beautiful! And the book is gorgeous, indeed!
    Hope you feel better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA. I also hope I feel better soon and will continue to draw in my book to help my recovery! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Get well soon, dear, you have more tangling to do! I love that coloured tile, it just melts into the paper. Gorgeous. The book looks like one of those you can't wait to get started. Looking forward to seeing what goes in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best...but this is one cold that seems to be winning the battle. Thanks for the like...the book is magical and inspirational. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Jolies compositions. j'aime beaucoup le dernier avec ces belles couleurs !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely book. It's so inspiring to have new books, pens or paper. Just like the old "back to school" thrill. I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. Your pieces are so nice though. Do take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I used to love new books at school... Axx

      Delete
  9. Dear Annie. Lucky me, you gave Tri-Bee two times a try. How wonderful your tiles! I love them. Sorry for totally delay with my comment, in October I was so overwelmed about all those amazing Versions of my new tangle - I couldn´t Response properly. Finally now! Thank you so much. I would love to Show your Version in my next book (if I have enough space). Would that be okay with you? Thanks for a short info to mail@beabea.de. Happy greetings Beate, CZT, Germany

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax