Tuesday 3 November 2015

Diva Challenge 242 - Gourdgeous! New tangle

I was a bit worried that time had suddenly speeded up in a reckless manner. Then I remembered that the last Diva Challenge, I was late in posting and this week, I am early. That just about explains it. I think...although we're also now in November and I have no idea how that happened....

This week, on her blog, Laura directed us to the new official Zentangle that Maria came up with recently - it's Gourdgeous. Yes, based on the shape of a Gourd and following the Diva's own dancing principles, I found this a simple, easy and fun tangle to do.

The background is a rather hasty homage to Maria's original inspiration - Bead boards - which don't quite line up as I was drawing with the new addition to our family sitting in between me and my tile. She's so gorgeous I don't like to push her away - and if I do, back she comes and settles down again to watch my pen and listen to the gentle noise. I understand her well. I would do the same if I were a cat.





Here she is next to a finished tile for Square One - Purely Zentangle, which has Verve as the focus this week.







Hope I'm excused my wonky bead boards now! Here is Gourdgeous - a lovely Autumnal tangle with lots and lots of possibilities. I may have to play a bit more with this one! Thank you Laura.




28 comments:

  1. I love both your tiles Anne. The small one is shouting cat at your picture seems there's a fan here :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne! She really seems to enjoy watching me draw...but wants to be up close! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Two nice tangles! Love the dramatic look you gave the Gourdgeous tile, thanks to the great contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilse. I think I may have overdone the dramatic effect but it does give a lot of contrast. Axxx

      Delete
  3. very nice tie, i like the shine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love adding a bit of shine - it makes such a difference. Thank you Ulrike! Axxx

      Delete
  4. Love the tiles. Even more so love the new family addition. Beautiful, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Zoe - and thank you! Yes, she's absolutely gorgeous - helping me type just now too! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Oh, so cute - a tangling cat! Great work with the gourds too, you have certainly got the hang of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...although tangling with a cat adds some complications, I managed to get those gourds nailed! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Nice work! I love the boldness of your diva tile and your "Verve" is lovely...and who doesn't love a fluffy little kitty;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. I was feeling bold! My kitten is so cute, even if she makes tangling complicated! Axxx

      Delete
  7. What a talented cat. And your Gourdgeous is wonderful also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ended up with a beautiful Gourdgeous composition even with the help of your gatita. (She must know the rule about there not being any mistakes in Zentangle, so she figured "Whatever".) We (my husband and I) will be in Spain in early December. I don't think it had registered for me before that you live there. I "friended" you on FB. I'll tell you more about our Spain plans in a personal message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne. I saw you were coming to Spain...exciting. I look forward to hearing from you now we're FB friends. Axxx

      Delete
  9. If I had to choose a favorite, the cat of the tile, it would certainly be the first :-) That's what I love about cats, they do what they want when they want to do it. My black cat Tedah is quite old now (don't know her age because I got her out of a shelter 12 years ago) but still the Queen of the house :-)
    Your Gourdeous are gorgeous, done so well. I think you are one of the few people that like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how she has settled in, Annemarie. We found her abandoned at the side of the road a few weeks ago but she has certainly made herself at home and everyone is in love with her - even my husband who is not a cat lover!! She still a Princess, but I think like Tedah she will one day be Queen.
      Thank you - not sure I really like Gourdgeous but I managed to make quite a statement with it!
      Axxx

      Delete
  10. Both tiles are wonderful! What a cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, she is such a sweetie! Axx

      Delete
  11. Thats a beautiful tile! My cat sometimes will lay across my drawing arm as I'm drawing. That way she doesn't slide off the drawing table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy - it doesn't usually make it easier for you, though, does it?! Axxx

      Delete
  12. Fortunately, "wonky" is quite acceptable for Zentangle! I love your little kitty. Your Verve is lovely and Gourdgeous looks quite dramatic with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Yes, good thing wonky is acceptable....I'm quite good at that! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax