Wednesday 25 November 2015

Diva Challenge 245 - Hollibaugh

Every so often I do a tile that I really like. It possibly happens less these days as I become more critical of my own work. But this week, I felt very inspired by the Diva's Challenge to go back to basics and concentrate on what she calls, and I agree, one of the foundations of tangling - Hollibaugh. Such a lovely tangle and so versatile.

I started off by making some Hollibaugh lines but used a thick pen (Micron 0.8) for the 'underside' or shadowed lines and a very fine (0.05) for the upper or non-shadowed line. Then I drew an aura line inside the spaces left where the lines crossed and finally, filled each additional space with more Hollibaugh. It was intensely 'Zen' and I was utterly engrossed for going on an hour. And pleased with myself and my tile at the end of the period.

Thank you so much yet again, Laura.



Thanks for stopping by - wishing all my transatlantic friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. Axxx

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ulrike! I do like 'awesome' - makes me feel good! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Mariet. I have to say I am pleased with the effect! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is really very deep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Not complex but I know what you mean. Axxx

      Delete
  4. I find this stunning. Very different with the darker and lighter lines that really give so much definition and depth to this tangle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean - I am very pleased with how it turned out. I didn't quite expect such a good effect - the joy of Zentangle! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for talking us through how it was done. It makes it super 3D this way. So simple once it's been explained but it would probably have taken me ages to work it out, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a moment of inspiration right at the very beginning before I had even picked up a pen that made me wonder whether the use of thicker and thinner pens would create an interesting effect. And I admit that I am quite impressed at how the whole thing turned out. It wasn't a complex design at all - as you say, very simple but the overall impression is quite complex and has a lot of depth. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Very deep indeed! reminds me of a mummy. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! An unravelling mummy at that! Thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  7. You did it! Depth in Hollibaugh; well done, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Annemarie! I am really very pleased with myself and this tile. It was really good to do and I like the final effect. I think I shall try this format again. Axxx

      Delete
  8. What a fantastic 3D effect ... absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, very well done! There's so much depth in this tile, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax