Tuesday 1 December 2015

Diva Challenge 246 - Plant a Tree with Dilip!

This week, the Diva - shivering a little in the snow and, with her family, beginning to look a lot like Christmas - has invited the lovely Dilip Patel, whose story was hugely inspiring. He and his wife have - Indian CZTs no less-  a number of websites which are definitely worth a visit.

Z-inspiration, Things Often Speak to Me, Xplore & Xpress

And I heartily approve of his urge for us to plant trees - indeed, we have planted many, many trees in our garden here in the south of Spain. We have the ubiquitous olives, of course, plus almonds and cherries which proliferate round here, along with fig, walnut, apricot and plum. Plus we are growing a little mini orchard of apple trees which my husband has grown from seed. I am not sure they'll survive our incredibly hot and dry summers but we're doing our best to keep them going.

The challenge is to make a tree-like string and then fill it with just one favourite tangle. I thought about Pokeleaf, obviously...and Dilip showed us some lovely trees he did and I was particularly taken with the Catkin one.* (See below!) Sigh...what to do?

It's heading rapidly for winter. The leaves have fallen from the trees here and many are looking bare and shivery in the morning light. Apart from the huggings of birds. Not on a wire - though they do that here too - but on the naked branches.

Birds on a Wire tangle on a simple tree string with - couldn't resist - a Wud trunk.
Thank you Dilip - thank you Laura. As always, a pleasure to take part.

Thanks for passing by. Axxx

* I went back and had another look at Dilip's trees and found that the one I though had Catkins, didn't! So I did one!


24 comments:

  1. I love your delicate tree with birds, although with your header of tangled trees perhaps you had already completed this challenge before you started :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you YT. I admit that I prefer my coloured tangled trees to my response to the challenge this week but I did follow the instructions! For some reason, my picture seems out of focus....Oh well! Axxx

      Delete
  2. I did this week's challenge from Spain too this week! Here in Madrid, I'm surprised to see so many trees still festooned with leaves. Some have leaves that are a lovely burnished golden yellow. I think your minimalist tree is quite attractive. It sounds like you're doing your part to reforest Espana. I'll be in touch by FB messenger to see if we can arrange a meet up when we're in Cordoba. We'll be there from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday noonish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We´re having a very mild autumn although the temperature drops severely here at night as we´re more than 1000m above sea level,. Have a wonderful time in Cordoba though so sorry I can´t meet up with you. Next time!
      Axxx

      Delete
  3. This is pretty. When I first "discovered" Zentangle, Bird on a Wire was a pattern I tried but without success. (I liked the name, being an ageing Leonard Cohen fan.) Anyway, having seen how delicate and pretty it is as you have used it, I think I will have to take another look. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked Birds on a Wire (and Leonard, bless him!) It's the simplest tree imaginable - I wish I'd thought of having a few birds flying off....ah well.
      Axxx

      Delete
  4. Annie you are doing great job. All the fruit trees that you are nurturing lure me! And it is a cute response to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dilip - a lovely idea for a tangle and I was so pleased to read about your life and work. Planting trees and nurturing is a very rewarding activity - Zentangle just is the icing on the cake! Axxx

      Delete
  5. I agree with the description "delicate." Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie. I realised that Dilip HADN'T done a tree with Catkin and I was inspired to try it myself. So kind of you to pop back! Axxx

      Delete
  7. Great trees, but I favour the one with Birds in A Tree - Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I enjoyed drawing that one, very simple. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax