Thursday 10 December 2015

Diva Challenge 247 - UMT: African Artist by Tina-Akua Hunziker

Ooh, I'm so very busy at the moment and Tina's tangle is new for me. If I'd more time, I'd have another go and make the smaller sections alternate. As you can see, mine ended up at the same level as each other and I don't think that's quite how it's intended. Never mind. I really enjoyed the Diva's Challenge - as always - and I rather like the 'strangeness' of how mine turned out, like some undersea creature not clearly visible....

White on black with a little shading using what looks like a piece of my son's chalk...needs must sometimes! Is anyone else rather concerned how quickly the Christmas holiday seems to be approaching?


7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the fluidity of it and the way you left those tails;-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Annie! Try to keep calm, also in this (for some people) busy month. I'm so glad we are not real 'holiday people':-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely like an undersea creature. Very ethereal and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tile is gorgeous! A bit mystical... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also sorry we didn't have the chance to meet up in Cordoba, but I'm very glad we had the opportunity to visit the city. With all the Islamic art, there are plenty of tangle inspirations. I think your African Artist tile turned out splendidly with plenty of undulations that do make it look like a swimming undersea creature of some sort. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing to look at. Almost like a mist. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax