Tuesday 8 March 2016

Diva Challenge 258. UMT - Rautyflex by Kathrin Bendel CZT

The Diva has had a very interesting few days and lots of inspiration in what looks like a fascinating part of the world. Thank you so much for sharing, Laura.
And this week, with a Use My Tangle from Kathrin Bendel CZT, we have had a real challenge - well, I have! Rautyflex took me quite a few attempts to get 'right' - and it needed to be right otherwise the interesting pattern didn't quite emerge - trust me, it didn't!

I enjoyed doing this in the end but my tile is on the odd side. Firstly, I did it upside down in my sketch book - by accident, I admit - but I liked it better when it really WAS upside down, even though my light source, which always comes from the top left for me, this time comes from bottom right.

Anyway, no excuses - it is what it is. Rautyflex, with Paradox, some Sand Swirl and a new one for me, Frission.

Many thanks for the kind and caring comments last week. I am glad to report that things are now on the up again. Happy International Women's Day too.
Axxx



Thank you for popping by.

21 comments:

  1. Wow! That really comes right out at you! I had thought about using Paradox somewhere on my attempt (which is pending a good picture before I post it), but you've really made great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it does my heart good to see a 'wow' in my comments. Thank you so much Thomas. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Your shading of the Paradox really gives portions of this tangle depth! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - I wasn't as happy with this tangle after I added the three other sections but I'm glad you can see the depth of the Rautyflex. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm truly delighted at your comment ! Axxx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! Paradox Pyramids- how clever!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Simone. I'm so pleased that this has gone down so well. What a kind bunch you all are. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey Shelly...I dig your comment. Thank you! Axxx ;-)

      Delete
  6. I really, really like this. (Maybe that should even be 3 "reallys".) I know how difficult Rautyflex can be, but you clearly mastered it--and then some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, nearly three 'reallys' - that's fantastic! Thank you, Suzanne. Axxx

      Delete
  7. yay... Paradox is an interesting filler for Rautyflex...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrin - it was a great challenge this week. Axxx

      Delete
  8. I love how you used Paradox to highlight certain areas of this interesting tangle, Annie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very, very nice with such a difficult tangle and than Paradox inside, splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, if you want a 'wow' you get one from me too. I do love your tile Annie! I'm so glad things are better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I love how you used Paradox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a weirdly 3D tile, like one of those trompe l'oeil things where steps go up to go down, if you see what I mean. It was worth the effort, Annie, it really was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to combine Rautyflex with Paradox! So wonderful effect! Great job on shading, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this really pops. Has a wonderful 3D quality, great job.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax