Monday 4 April 2016

Diva Challenge 262 - UMT Fassett by Lynn Mead.

I'm really not sure how the Diva has got to number 262 in her weekly challenges....I think I might be a bit behind now! I was, however, delighted to see that this week we get to play with 'Fassett' by Lynn Mead as it's Use My Tangle on the first Monday of the new month. That reminds me - how did we get to April?

I remember when this tangle first came out and being so excited as the triangles transformed into other shapes. 

This is my first attempt this week - a Fassett Monotangle - where I have tried to bring out some of the shapes that happen when you join the points and do a little shading. 

Perfect Zen.
Happy tangling everyone. I'm glad to report that as we start moving into Spring and the days get longer, I have rediscovered my mojo and have been tangling with a vengeance. This can be seen in my previous post where I have been tangling on the circular beermats that I bought. I have now got my technique for drawing on these rather ink-greedy 'tiles' just about sorted. It has made me extremely productive!




22 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I like your shading a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a wonderful walk you took with this tangle. The way you drew it lets your eye move along gently. Very nice. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you describe so well what happened here - I just wandered off! Axxx

      Delete
  3. This really is such a pleasing piece to look at as Sarah said and beautifully shaded. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. I think I will try another one on a coloured tile - yours was very inspiring. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Very nice, I love that you kept a part blank. It makes the tile look stronger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilse. I like to leave a bit blank sometimes - as you say, it gives strength to the overall image - especially in a monotangle. Axxx

      Delete
  5. I love the way you have mixed size and style to make the most of the one pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a wonderfully interesting pattern to do a monotangle with - irresistible! Thank you, Axxx

      Delete
  6. Lovely shading and tile! Looked back at your coasters... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Lady Kate! Glad you like the coasters - such fun to do. Axxx

      Delete
  7. I like the what you accomplished with your shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time no see - thanks for popping by, Donald. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax