Tuesday 10 December 2013

The HAPPY MERRY Diva Challenge #148

Laura's last Diva Challenge of 2013 asked us to tangle what Christmas means to us. I was initially overwhelmed and overfaced by all that it means to me but woke up this morning thinking just one word : Family.

I wanted to do a white on red tangle and started out fine...until my one and only white pen ran out! I've run the finished version through BeFunky to try and bring the colour out a bit more but the contrast just isn't there.


Still, my family is without doubt in the middle of Christmas for me and we are all set to have good old time, on our own this year, in our new house.

Idea taken from Rainbow Elephant
I include here some of the ZIA Christmas cards, that I have posted previously but it seems appropriate to put them up again as we get close to the festivities.

My snowladen Christmas tree on the left was inspired by a lovely set done last year by Rainbow Elephant (link in photo caption) - I love the heaviness of this and the simplicity of the concept and it looks lovely with added gold and silver accents.











This 'Betweed' star I drew on a flight from England back to Spain. In 'real life' it sparkles beautifully with silver accents - shame they don't show up on my scanned version....






On the left, the simplest of all Christmas trees - garlands, a star and a big pot!

And on the right, two little tangled trees.


And some 'Cruffle' ornaments.


Best wishes to everyone who stops by - hope you have just the Christmas you want. (I know what I want for Christmas - some new pens!)





20 comments:

  1. It works if you click on it to make it big.
    Happy Christmas, Annie!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms Scarlet - it does look a bit better when it's big. A Happy Christmas to you too - good luck with the move. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Happy Christmas to you and great work! May Santa bring you those new pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate - and guess what! I had a delivery just after I posted - with lots of gorgeous pens inside. (OK, a Christmas present to myself - who needs Santa?)
      Axxx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful piece! And who says we can't be our own Santa!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I am reworking it now with my new pens.....I've always been a good Santa! Axxx

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas! Glad your pens came! I like the white on red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean and a very Merry Christmas to you too! I am still waiting for replacement white pens but Santa is aware....Axxx

      Delete
  5. Your tile looks a bit like mine, I'm glad I did not take a peek before mine was psoted :-)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - your tile is very festive and lovely and your white pen works very well! Merry Christmas to you too. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Nice contrast and the red is a nice touch. Have many good memories of family over the holidays. Had a large extended family growing up. Was always a good time when we got together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. We used to be a small family but now we're quite big and the Spanish side is much more extended than the English - I love that. Hope you have a lovely one. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Annie, I just love your tangle!!! And ,Wow, Family is a big part of Christmas!!! My husband and myself come from big Italian families so that is so much of my joy over the Holidays too! I'm so glad that Santa dropped by your part of the world early and brought you new pens :0) You must have been a really good girl!!Well, I hope you enjoy them and I look forward to more of your beautiful work in the new year on the Diva's challenges! Many blessing and Peace be yours! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette! I guess with a name like 'Carlo' you do have the Italian connection - all the good bits, I hope. Of course, I've been very good - all year! (Helps having a direct line to Santa's grotto in the form of online shopping too...)
      Many thanks and have a wonderful Christmas.
      Axxx

      Delete
  8. Very Festive Annie. I have pens on my Christmas wish list. Have a lovely Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - I hope you have a lovely Christmas too. Love to your clever mum. Axxx

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful collection! Merry Christmas to you! And wishing you lots of luscious pens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe - pens it will be for Christmas and I shall be very happy about it. Axxx

      Delete
  10. Agree - family is what's all about - your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne - and so glad to meet you. I've loved looking at your absolutely beautiful wooden plates... how I would love one of those! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax