Sunday 1 December 2013

Zendala Dare #82

Well, circles it was this week! Erin, at The Bright Owl did a lovely Zendala to start us off - and used the tangle I would have chose myself...Jetties. I didn't want to copy but at first, couldn't think how to do something really different.

Hence my first tile - my circles remind me of little Ninjas!

Great fun to do - I'm rather fond of circles and enjoyed the very simple but effect 'Dust Rabbits' that form my background.
And then, in a flash of inspiration (possibly) I saw all those circles as little buttons that needed joining together with ribbon.  Once I'd threaded all my buttons, I was tempted to start colouring the background but resisted as I like the starkness of this Zendala. I often go overboard in filling in every last bit of white.



This was an exercise in self-control. It could be better but I'm leaving it just as it is....






20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. The second one is silly but shows how incredibly flexible Zentangle is! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Love both, but I really would like to try the button one. Great job on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I think I would do more work on the button one - I might do - it would benefit from some more colour and more detail, I think. Axx

      Delete
  3. These are seriously beautiful zendalas! I adore the shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Zoe. I have to admit, I really love shading - not the act but the effect. Definitely worth doing it. Axxx

      Delete
  4. These are both great. I love the highlights in the first, and I am always drawn to things that weave in and out. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - I remember the first time I drew the thready buttons using Zentangle, I was so excited by them - I too love the weaving in and out effect! Axx

      Delete
  5. The first one is nice, but the second one is terrific. It's great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrie! I am so enjoying being part of this community of tanglers. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Looks great, Annie! I really like the ribbons of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline - thank you so much for commenting. I am quite pleased with the ribbons one. Axxx

      Delete
  7. These two tiles are so pretty, from ribbons in the second one to dust bunny tangles in the first one looking like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie - both quite simple with minimal tangles but I did enjoy doing them. Thanks for commenting. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax