Friday 27 June 2014

Diva Challenge 173 - Redux, Remix, Revisit your comfort tangle...

This week's challenge has been issued by Sharla Hicks, a guest over on I am the Diva this week as Laura has been at the 15th CZT Seminar....and I'm looking forward to hearing more about that later on.
Sharla had a great suggestion - revisit a tangle you know well. Mix it up, change it - do something different!

This is not my forte...however, I decided to revisit possibly the very first tangle I ever did. Betweed. I was lucky to be browsing one day last September, when I came across Maria Thomas on YouTube demonstrating Betweed...and I was hooked from that moment on!

Another pattern that I have always done is very similar to Flux but with 'extra' bits. So today, I have tried to mix the two together - something I haven't done before as I am usually quite happy with tangles as they are and have never really practiced the art of tangleation! And it's fun...maybe I'll do it again sometime.

'Befluxed'!


I stuck with pen and pencil on paper but here is my Reduxed, Remixed and Revisited attempt.


23 comments:

  1. Elegant and beautifully shaded - and I love the header to your page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kia. Glad you like my tangled trees - I did this for my in-laws and it's currently being framed. Axxx

      Delete
  2. So pretty, and I love the shading too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe - I have to say, I always enjoy the shading! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Annie and there is great shading in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Annemarie - it was a great challenge this week. as always, and good try something a bit different. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I like the "betweeded" Flux :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never put two tangles together before, Lily - I hope to try it again soon. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Thanks Diane - glad you like it. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the play between the two. Creative to do Flux as Betweed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald...Flux as Betweed or Betweed as Flux? I rather like the name 'Befluxed'! Axxx

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh! this gave me a shiver! So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh delighted!! Thank you Heidi Sue - you've made my day. Axxx

      Delete
  8. Great idea to merge the two and love the shading :) Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I will certainly be trying this idea again...Axxx

      Delete
  9. I love what you'v done with the Flux!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte - I think I Betweeded it!! Axxx

      Delete
  10. Wow what a nice blend of Flux and Betweed. This is the first time I have seen this particular solution blended together. Great Redux, Remix, Revisit. Sharla Hicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharla, it's lovely of you to pop by and say so - and it's all thanks to your great challenge for us! I have never attempted to put two tangles together at all so I'm really pleased with my first attempt...I hope it won't be my last either.
      Axxx

      Delete
  11. You did a beautiful tile here, Annie. However, I could hardly get past the new header on your blog. I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I did the header picture for my in-laws and it does look very sweet in a frame and all posh!! Axxx

      Delete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Annie! I always admire your work! You are an inspiration! I love the new header as well! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a comment a couple of weeks ago... I'm just catching up! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely words, Holly - and thank you so much for such a compliment! I love your work too so will be popping by soon to see what you've been up to. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax