Wednesday 24 September 2014

Diva Challenge 186

It's definitely feeling autumnal here in Spain - still sunny, still very hot some days - as the days grow shorter, the nights are definitely chilly and there's a nip in the air.

We don't get the glorious colours of fall though. Surrounded by olive groves, whose silvery green leaves stay the same colour all year round, I miss the goldens, oranges and reds that I enjoyed in England. However, we get a little morning mist and goodness me, what mellow fruitfulness there is all round! Glut is the word I use though it's not half as poetic!

And our summer canopy of vine is hanging heavy with sweet little green grapes. I have resisted the lure of 'Bronx Cheer' though, and just chosen the shape of the vine leave for my tangle and have just filled it with some of my favourite tangles in the simplest possible manner. Great ZEN even if I'm not totally happy with the result....(my leaf didn't quite fit on the paper; my feathers are pathetic and I don't really like the mismatch between the strong, bold patterns and the softer, lighter ones that I have chosen) but here it is and I'm not really trying to excuse it!

A lovely challenge issued by Laura on 'I am the Diva' and, I am sure, there will be some stunning entries too - do check them all out! I can't wait to do that. Happy tangling.


25 comments:

  1. Ooh, the "roll" effect where you've got ditto and leaflet! Very nice. Your shading really gives it depth and dimension. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do love tangles that encourage shading and Ditto is one of my favourites. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful leaf. I like the tangles you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your leaf is lovely. I especially like the two patterns on the right - although I can't name them - afraid I'm not good at remembering the names of pattern. well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kia. The two tangles are Ditto and Leaflet. Axx

      Delete
  4. Very lovely leaf! Great chioce of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, you are much, MUCH to hard on yourself. Your leaf is beautiful and I like the contrast in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie, you are always SO kind. It's sometimes hard not to be self-critical but you're right - it doesn't actually help at all! Axxx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work Annie, and I like some of your unusual tangles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Interesting that you think some of the tangles are unusual - I think these are some of my favourites...we all tend to have these, don't we! Axxx

      Delete
  8. Your leaf is lovely as is your description of fall in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, that's a lovely thing to say! Axxx

      Delete
  9. I really like your Tile, Annie. Excellent patterns selected and beautifully drawn. Your shading makes an awesome pleating texture. Nice touch with the drop of dew over the Knightsbridge pattern. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, David - it's very kind of you to leave me such a very complimentary comment. Axxx

      Delete
  10. I think that you are to hard on yourself! I really like the contrast between the darker tangles and the lighter tangles. I think that it gives it a nice sense of movement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate - as always, after the initial criticism is over, I often look again and think, gosh - look what I did! And that's a nice feeling. Axxx

      Delete
  11. I like the patterns you chose. I also like the little almost ripped looking areas of the leaf with the shading behind. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely words, Antonine - and yes, the leaf had those ripped looking edges, so I'm glad you spotted them. Axxx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you Helen! I'm always delighted when you leave me a comment. Axxx

      Delete
  13. Annie, you need to kick that "inner critic" to the curb. Your leaf is beautifully done and I really, REALLY, like how you have it go off the edge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jean, but I do go back a and apologise to myself afterwards. Thank you! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax