Tuesday 30 September 2014

Diva Challenge 187

Close your eyes...and draw a string. That was the challenge from Laura this week on her Diva Challenge.

And that's just what I did last night....and here is what I drew.


OK, I did bring a couple of the lines down to the edge of the tile, so that I didn't have a big open space...I was blindly heading towards the edge, honest. I was half-pleased that I'd got such a decent string to work with and half-miffed that I hadn't got something really unusual...but I stuck with what I did.

I chose my tangles 'blindly' too - by randomly selecting a tangle from the changing header selection on Linda Farmer's Tangle Patterns blog - which is a page that's almost always open on my computer! And I found I had to do some tangles I'd never done before....PLUS one that I had wanted to try, which was Lily Moon's Amphora.

Here it is. I had received some new pens in the post, including a 0.05 nib, which was such a treat to work with.

Florez, Amphora, Pippin, Wud and Jalousie.


Looking forward to seeing what you've posted for this challenge...you have posted, haven't you?

21 comments:

  1. Annie, this is gorgeous!!! And so is the excellent shading. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - this is the first time I've done Florez and of course, I love it! And I love shading too. Thanks again! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Post, Annie. Your approach to this challenge resulted in an awesome Tile. Love your patterns and shading. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely and encouraging comment you've left me, David - thank you so much. I am delighted you like my tile. Axxx

      Delete
  3. very nice string - such nice large spaces in which to tangle - good idea to blindly go with the patterns too. I like how your artwork turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Kia - I think I was quite lucky in how my string turned out and it's always good to learn new tangles. Axxx

      Delete
  4. ....i like what you did with amphora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I tried to keep it really delicate. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you Akua - that was the 0.05m pen!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yes I have posted! ;)
    Love your tile! Florez looks amazing, I might have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anoeska! Yes, I really enjoyed Florez, although I didn't do it quite 'right'....Axxx

      Delete
  7. Very lovely tile! Like your "blind" choice of tangles ... good idea! Your shading is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA - it was good to try out some new tangles for me! Axxx

      Delete
  8. Oh! How beautifully elegant this one is! I absolutely love that fold in the foreground! Great tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some nice new pens, Nat - it makes all the difference! Thank you. Axxx

      Delete
  9. Your string was very creative and I like the way you chose your patterns, I'll have to try that. Lovely tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to do a more 'challenging' string, but I enjoyed this one and am delighted you like it too. Axxx

      Delete
  10. Love it! I really like how you played with the scale of the tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate. New pens of all nib sizes!! Axxx

      Delete
  11. Wow, great shading and the patterns play well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joya, I am a 'shadaholic'....Ax

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax