Friday 19 September 2014

Diva Challenge, String Thing and Square One - Purely Zentangle

Although it's some time since I posted on my tangle blog, I have been tangling all summer - including taking part in an arts and crafts fair at a beautiful local 'cortijo' or rural house. I was asked to run some workshops and have to say they were well attended and well received - I'm spreading the Zentangle word here in southern Spain.

This week's Diva Challenge was to do a duotangle using Phicops and Diva Dance. This in celebration of the Diva's 10 years of wedded bliss to B-rad. And the tangles are special as B-rad created Phicops and Diva Dance was created for the Diva by Rick and Maria!

I took a peek at what others had done this week, which I don't usually do before completing my own and there were some really jaw-dropping entries...wow! Mine is less than wow and I was tempted to leave it out but it's so long since I took part that I have decided to share anyway. Here it is - a diva dancing Phicops!


And it's also an age since I did a String Thing entry, so I made a great effort to do one this time. Adele's challenge is always a pleasure to take part in and even if I don't take part, I like to see what everyone else has done and enjoy the different takes on the same set of tangles and one string. Fascinating. Here is my entry - there are some rather wibbly Girders here, nothing structurally sound at all!


What I have really enjoyed is the Facebook Square One challenge during the past few weeks. It's focused me on using a tile and sticking to the Zentangle basics and it's been such good fun.

I am going to include a couple that I have done recently. It's good to see quite a few familiar names and styles also taking part in this challenge. A lot of people do Zentangle! This week, we've been challenged to do 'Dex' and I decided on a monotangle with a string found on Tangle Patterns - Number 105. And then I added a bit of Fescu that was still lingering in my mind and my pen from the week before....

This is the entry for the Fescu challenge, which also includes some Ing, which was the challenge from the Diva last week.



And then I did another Ing-based tangle which has now been sent, on a card, to an old friend in the UK for his birthday, together with a bookmark. (I hope he won't be disappointed as I used to always send him some of my homemade chocolates, but I am not making them anymore....) Sorry it's a bit out of focus...


And I shall be endeavoring to keep up to date and checking on what all my favourite tanglers are doing from now on. 

Happy tangling.
Ax

10 comments:

  1. Lots of great work! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy. Like how the Diva Dance surrounds your Phicops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy and very happy! Thanks for your kind comment on my Diva entry. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Glad to see youn again, Annie! And with such a beautiful challenge piece!!!!!! All others are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annemarie..it is good to hear from you too! Axxx

      Delete
  4. You were so busy, I like the smooth transition between the two pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And being busy doing Zentangles is a joy. Thank you! Ax

      Delete
  5. Waouw! Somehow I missed these. They're fantastic! I specially love the first and the last. The way they both go in irregular circles is quite dramatic. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat! It's always specially exciting for me when someone says 'Wow'! Or 'Waouw', of course if you're French! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax