Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Left-handed Diva Challenge

Wow, what a roller coaster of emotions Elisa stirred in me when I read the latest 'Diva Challenge'!!
Firstly, her exuberant style of writing immediately engaged me - she opened up and shared herself straightaway and I really liked that. Then she threw a real challenge out - do a Zentangle WITH THE WRONG HAND!! Wow, I say again, and WOW!

I have long fancied doing this but somehow never actually got round to doing it. So a big thank you from me, Elisa, for pushing me where I wanted to go but never followed through on my own. I was fascinated by Elisa's beautiful contribution - it really has a different feel to it and I liked it very much, together with her stream of conscious thoughts that occurred as she did it.

And then I read her potted bio and was shocked to hear of her own tragedy - another person in this wonderful community of people who has had to bear a devastating personal blow and yet who has managed to get up and get on again and give so much to others in the process. I am so very sorry for your dreadful loss, Elisa. I really cannot - and don't want to have to - imagine what you and your family must have to have gone through and I am impressed/humbled/thankful that you have found such strength to carry on and see the good there is to be had in life.

So, following on from last week's 'THX' from Holly, this week, we can look at things from the other side - and in my case, the left side, though some tanglers must be left-handed, I'm sure -  and be grateful for whatever we have and how we can adapt ourselves to the challenges life throws at us.

I hope Artoo's recovery is continuing and that Laura and her family are doing well during this time. Thank you to Laura for introducing Elisa to us - I feel I have met someone very special.

Here is my left-handed Zentangle for this week. I had hoped that it would look completely different to my right-handed ones....but it doesn't! It just looks a bit more wobbly, the shading is very heavy-handed and I have made lots of smudges on the edges...but it's not too bad overall. Great challenge. Thank you Elisa.


I used Wud, Aura-Leah, Pendrills, Swarm and curvy Steps.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I love the way Wud turned out in your tile. I haven't tried curvy Steps yet, it kind of reminds me of Sanibelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, wud looks awesome in this wonky wavy way. And aurah-leah is very very steady. I like the tangles you used. They are all looking great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tile and nice composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how you still managed to do a beautiful tile using your non-dominant hand. Shading these seems to really help make everything flow nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice tile with "heavy-handed" yet great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tile, great shading. And I love Wud too. Really dimensional

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Tile, Annie. Well done off-hand Tangling. Beautiful shading as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Annie! Your tile is awesome! I love the tangles you chose and how you fit them all together so wonderfully. And it's wonderful to meet you too <3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shading has the appearance of velvet! Beautiful work and I can tell you experienced and learned much...good for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your line work is very well done on this one, and you picked some difficult ones. I really like the shading too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your kind comments - and many apologies that I haven't been able to go to your blogs and photos to comment on what you have done this week. I have been SOOOO busy that I haven't had a chance to look! Thanks again and be sure I'll be checking on this week's challenge. Axxx

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax