Sunday 30 November 2014

Diva Challenge 195 - Turning old into new

A great idea from this week's guest challenger over on the Diva's blog. Sandy Hunter gave us the great idea of liberating gridded tangles or capturing ungridded tangles - and she also gave us some amazingly creative examples to inspire us.

I was initially a bit overwhelmed by this challenge and did a few stumbling starts - one of which I will share here: This one is called 'Seton Breaking Free' and it could have been so much better....but I liked the idea!
I did a couple of others which I liked even less. Then this morning, when I was thinking it was getting a bit too late to take part, I managed to do one that I really liked. It uses 'Tami' which isn't really an 'old' pattern for me but is one that I immediately fell in love with and usually use in a very free sort of way - and it seemed a good choice to try and put in a grid.

I've left it showing in my drawing book, which is a beautiful thing I bought one day just for my tangles. It's about six inches square (15cms) and so I usually draw my 3.5" 'tile' in the middle of the paper, but today, I drew a freehand grid and it is slightly bigger than the Zentangle tile should be, so I won't be posting it on the Facebook group! 

I think this challenge really shows the versatility of each and every tangle and I think it was a fantastic idea - thank you Sandy!! Here is Tami in a grid.



Thanks for popping by - I'll be checking out all the other entries as soon as I can....got a mountain of ironing to do first though....! Have a great week. Axxx

8 comments:

  1. I love your Tile, Annie. So elegant and Regal. Beautiful shading. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your tiles are so stylish and elegant. I love this challenge because we've seen so much creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your second tile is so elegant! Really beautiful work, and shading! What a great book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Seton break-out. the shading on Tami is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is inspiring! I love the seton piece and Tami looks so dimensional! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both tiles but the second one is a delight. As David says, it is elegant and beautifully shaded. It makes me think of wrought iron or old tiled foors. It's vaguely medieval somehow. I'm rambling so I'll stop now but I really do like those tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last one is really stunning, Aniie, one to put in a frame. But .... I also like the first one, it's fun and playful.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax