Tuesday 11 November 2014

What a difference a day makes!

Today, here in Andalucia, the rain is lashing down and the hills are invisible under layers of cloud. Last night, one of the plugs in my daughter's bedroom began smoking and as my brave husband was investigating, there was a 'PLAS' (Spanish sound for anything that explodes!) and all the lights went out. Hubby was fine, I hasten to add.
This morning, we're awaiting a visit from the electrician because although most of the lights and electrics went back on once the fuse was fixed, both bedrooms where the boys sleep were left without any electricity. Bad wiring is suspected but I am no expert so will wait for the official - and probably expensive - verdict. Not the best start to the day.

However, this morning, I had a little message from Holly Atwater - who this week is the guest blogger over on I am the Diva, whilst Laura and family tend to Artoo following his surgery - congratulating me on having my new tangle 'Skwirl' published on TanglePatterns. I was so excited that I was almost late for work - so busy I was checking out the page and the link. Thank you Linda, thank you Holly - and thank you to the 2000+ people who have visited my page since last night! Gosh - I feel famous! What must it be like for people who are coming up with new tangles every week? Well, I may never know...I enjoy learning new tangles so much that I don't focus too much on creating my own - but forgive me for a morning's basking in my own reflected glory - in lieu of the sun, you understand.

And back to Holly, who gave us a wonderful challenge this week using tangles that make us thankful - 'THX' - Trio, Huggins and Xyp. As well as being thankful for my moment of fame in the Zentangle world, I am thankful to be part of this lovely community of people and that I found - by accident - the art of Zentangle. I have many, many other things to be thankful for too and I have put a little extra time into this week's challenge whilst being mindful of what those things are. I really enjoyed learning Xyp; Trio is a new favourite and Huggins, hiding here a little, is an old favourite.


If you haven't seen Skwirl on Tangle Patterns and want to have a look, I have used it in these patterns and shared them on my blog already - here, including stepouts and here. Please let me know if and when you give Skwirl a try, won't you?

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful tile! And thank you for Skwirl, it's on my list for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anoeska - hope you enjoy Skwirl too. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Annie. I can see that tangling provides a wonderful outlet for your creativity.

    Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sometimes almost take over, Gaynor! Thank you for popping by. Axxx

      Delete
  3. C'est très joli ! Quel beau mécanisme d'horloge !

    It's so pretty. What a beautiful clockwork! (Sorry for my bad English)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup. Je croix que ton Anglais est mellieure que mon Francais! Axxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely tile and can't wait to try Skwirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JL - I do hope you enjoy Skwirl. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful with Yyp in this way. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me, Carmela, but I enjoyed it very much. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Really nice tile. It has an almost metallic look to it. The shading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - interesting that it looks metallic really, I hadn't tried for that effect but delighted that you saw it. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Your challenge tile looks so elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, Congrats on making your tangle to Tangle Patterns!!! That is awesome! I'm gonna have to go to her site and check out the step outs!! Your tile is beautiful! great style!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel awesome that my tangle made it, Annette! Thank you - hope you enjoy trying it. Axxx

      Delete
  9. You came up with an interesting concept for this challenge. It would make a great writing prompt----something about a chained heart ;-) I'll bop over and take a look at your new tangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely idea, Suzanne - you are right though, some tiles really tell a story. Glad you liked mine. Axxx

      Delete
  10. Wonderful design, Annie. Love how Xyp embraces the other patterns. Your "Hiding Huggins" is so creative and Trio is beautiful. Congratulations on your new Pattern, Swirl. Beautiful Work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David - good of you to think I 'hid' Huggins, when in fact, I hadn't left very much room....and many thanks for the congratulations. Everyone is so very kind. Axxx

      Delete
  11. Great challenge tile, and congrats on the pattern. I'm definitely going to give Skwirl a whirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Megan. Hope you enjoy whirling Skwirl! Axxx

      Delete
  12. Really like your challenge tile and your new pattern is fun! Hope the wiring issue gets worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I think we're OK now and not too expensive after all. Axxx

      Delete
  13. your tile is beautiful, Annie. And so is your tangle! You made me smile with your 'famous' post. Hope the electricity is OK again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie! I have enjoyed my little moment of 'fame'! And yes, thank you, the electricity seems fine again now, all sorted. Axxx

      Delete
  14. This tile is great. Love your interpretations of the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire - I did enjoy this challenge very much! Axxx

      Delete
  15. Lovely tile...and will definitely be trying skwirl (a very cool tangle pattern)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynell - hope you enjoy Skwirl and glad you think it's cool! Axxx

      Delete
  16. I like how you have Huggins underneath everything and kind of peeking out. Great shading. Congratulations on getting your tangle posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth about Huggins here....I forgot it til the end! I decided to use the dots of Xyp as the 'marker's and that's why it looks as it does! A happy accident! Many thanks - I am so very happy about having a published tangle! Axxx

      Delete
  17. Annie!! This is GORGEOUS! Your style is so elegant... I LOVE it! I am always in awe of your art. Inspirational!! I am very happy that you enjoyed the challenge. I had a blast coming up with it!

    I'm so glad you're famous... You deserve it! Hope your electricity was repaired at very little cost. THX for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And THX to you too Holly! Your message alerting me of my 'fame' was so sweet and I received it first thing in the morning, so it made my whole day! You're famous too this week - hope you're enjoying it as much as I am. And yes, we're quite sorted now, thanks.
      Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax