Tuesday 2 May 2017

Diva Challenge 314... UMT Scallamps by Sarah Uram CZT

Well, I have spent a very happy few weeks during April tangling on distressed tiles and, I have to say, in my humble opinion, produced some pretty amazing results. Huge and valuable learning curve - with many thanks to Eni Oken.

However, today, it was back to basics and the Diva's Challenge. It is Use my Tangle week and this week, Sarah Uram gave us 'Scallamps'. Looks familiar and interesting and I enjoyed this one, which I drew in a book. I am currently drowning in tiles...advice on what to do with them all would be gratefully received!


Also, as Laura mentioned, we're creating tiles with the lovely Lily Moon and her family in mind. I have always loved Lily's work and seen her grow in skill from her first tiles - she's now one of the very best, in my opinion. However, right now, she's having a very rough time and we are sending her lots of love (and tiles) and hoping that the power of Zentangle will help her through this dark period. A moonful of love from me...with Lily's tangles, Lealad and Andante..plus homage to Amphora...



Thanks for popping by!


And if you've scroll this far, I will share a couple of my distressed tiles...can't resist!

This is over a tile that I distressed with my Inktense crayons and some spray acrylics bought from Lidl (!)

This weird and wonderful creation is on a tile I distressed with just about every single paint, pen, stamp and colour I possess...trying to get the right colour for some drawings I'm doing for my sister....lol!!

And this may form a part of said drawing for my sister... colours are OK on this one. 
And these more gentle colours came from my Distressed Ranger pens...Feels very calm after the others...


Thanks for looking. Axxx

26 comments:

  1. I love your Diva tile and your Lily tile (how sweet of you!), but I adore your 'distressed' tiles! They're gorgeous pieces of beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know distressed really isn't the right word is it? I mean, who could be distressed by this little lot? Moody? oh yes, but not distressed. So I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret - and yes, distressed is not the right word, is it! Trust you to say it...I've been thinking it all the time. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful composition on your Diva tile.and the others are also lovely with that colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Scallamps tile is super, and I love your tile for Lily! The colors and textures of your distressed tiles are so unique and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've so enjoyed these, Jean. Thank you. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Oh My! So much beautiful work Annie. Beautiful Lily tiles and the distressed pieces are stunning. I particularly love the tile;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very beautiful, you have certainly been busy! The Scallamps tile is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy, busy but such fun. Thank you Annemarie. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous, and the distressed tiles are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put so much detail into your distressed tiles, the effect is amazing. And I see, you made a trip to Mars, too. Love your DIVA tile and the one for Lily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly travelled these past few weeks! Thank you, Axxx

      Delete
  9. All of your work is gorgeous! Thanks for trying my tangle out! I love how it travels across your tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed it very much and have used it several times since, Sarah. Thank YOU! Axxx

      Delete
  10. What a spectacular collection of tangles! I really love the distressed tile and how you tangled on top of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette - I do love drawing on the distressed tiles - a new and wonderful experience for me. Axxx

      Delete
  11. Your tiles are so beautiful! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, such a lovely compliment, thank you Lorna. Axxx

      Delete
  13. Wow! Lots of eye candy here! Beautiful work! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate...I love a 'Wow'! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax