Wednesday 17 May 2017

Diva Challenge 316 - Stripes as the String

Very quickly this week - lots of things to do, people to see and places to go!! Not a lot of Zen time, but I did do this week's challenge from the Diva.

It's not clever, it's not particularly one I'm proud of, but it focused me and recharged me and I'm good with that. 

I've added a couple of other tiles - one that I did after receiving and devouring the Zentangle Primer - a gift to myself - why not? And the other because I enjoyed stretching Nzepple and adding colour with my gorgeous Inktense Derwent crayons! 

Thanks for the challenge - thank you for stopping by. See you later!

A striped tile with Printemps, Ditto, Mooka variation, scruffy Knightsbridge (my pen was on it's last legs!) Cadent, Fassett and a bit of Shattuck. All back to basics for me!

I so enjoyed doing this...and now I want to lick it!

This was done balancing on my 'Zentangle' book - and I used specific suggestions, shading techniques and ideas for variations from my wonderful Zentangle Primer, which I adore!

12 comments:

  1. Never heard of Inktense Derwent crayons, but they DO make your nzeppel pop! Fantastic tile and so are the other 2 - if not visibly than spiritual. I have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic - and very intense! Thank you. Axxx

      Delete
  2. These are all so lovely! The last piece is especially elegant 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele - the last one was taken almost directly from the Zentangle Primer. I enjoyed doing it. Axxx

      Delete
  3. I do like that Diva tile Annie, don't be so hard on yourself :-) And a present to our self is a good thing to do from time to time; to be honest I do it quite often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie. Zentangle is a wonderful gift. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Oh, that Nzeppel one is soo beautiful and lickable. Your other tiles are also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...glad it's not just me! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Terrific stripes! I love the curved lines. Great choice of tangles. I love your coloured N'zeppel.... the colours look so smooth and rich like ice cream or sorbet! I can see why you want to lick it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanne! I'm really pleased with the colours. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax