Wednesday 10 May 2017

Diva Challenge 315 - Tangle study - Molygon

We are wishing Laura a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week! And we have a Tangle Study Challenge based on Molygon, so we are also very lucky.

I say this but the first time I tried Molygon, it wasn't my favourite - I couldn't get it to 'flow' and my shapes were too narrow to do much with. But there's nothing like giving it a second chance...

And I am really very pleased I did. I had a slightly distressed tile which I used as a background and here is my finished study. 

Again, wishing Laura a lovely day on Friday. Hope she has a great birthday and thanks for giving us such a great challenge.



Caught deep in concentration by my daughter....

15 comments:

  1. Great tile. I often wonder what to do about shading Molygon. You have a perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it sort of just suggested itself..Axxx

      Delete
  2. This look really great. Yes, I agree, you just solved Molygon shading for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie - as I said, it just happened. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely Molygon! I agree about the shading. I've been playing with Molygon a lot this week and the shading still vexes me😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. I enjoyed it very much this time and possibly it was the way of shading it that made the difference. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Love the flow of your MOlygon and the lovely soft distressed color of your tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. The distressed tile looked very wishy washy before I tangled on it - and I was really pleased with the final effect. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - and thanks so much for telling what I'd done! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Your molygon is so beautiful. The shading is so lovely and soft and adds beautiful dimension

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lianne. The original tile was very pale and uninteresting but the Molygon really brought it to life. Axxx

      Delete
  7. You achieved nice dimension with this. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet and sort of victoriana.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax