Friday 29 November 2013

Zendala Dare #81

It took me a little while to find the time to do this week's tangle - Zendala Dare #81 - but I got there in the end.

I'm surprised that the first one turned out as well as it did as I seemed to do it very quickly and without a great deal of thought last night as I was watching the television. I'd seen a couple of tangles I hadn't tried before - Footlites and Florz - so thought I'd have a practice. The individual 'beams' are not very well done, but I am quite pleased with the overall effect.

The second Zendala, I started with more care. I'd recently enjoyed doing Heartstrings as part of the 'It's a String Thing' weekly exercise, so included some more of those, along with Hollibaugh. Then I had to get off to bed. After seeing the children off to school, I finished the Zendala and am surprised that - to my eyes at least - this is a Zendala of two parts! The second set of tangles I used are very different - more light-hearted and open compared with the dense patterns I chose last night. I wonder if there's a reason for that? Do you ever finish something you've started in a different style?

Thank you Erin, I enjoyed doing this Dare very much!

Includes Footlites and Flores, Crescent Moon and Peapod...

Includes Heartstrings, Hollibaugh, Moonrocks, Henna Drum and Paradox

10 comments:

  1. wow love them both but the first one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Efie - I think I like the first one best too! Axxx

      Delete
  2. I think the second one is my favourite, more playful, and i like hearts of all kinds. Wonderful job. Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don, and I'm delighted that you picked up the 'playful' thing - that's how I felt the morning I finished off the tangle!! Thank you - big hearts to you. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Nice! Ireally like how the heart tangle came out in the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - I love the Heartstrings tangle - I could do it over and over and over.....Axxx

      Delete
  4. Both are lovely; the first has great contrast and teh second is interesting because of the different feel of the tnagles. Yes, this is what sometimes happens if you stop drawing at a point and go on later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - I wondered if anyone else had noticed a difference when they'd stopped and started a drawing. I find this very interesting. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Really like them both because you've used some interesting tangles in interesting ways! 'Specially love the double Footlights that go out of the crescent, and your Heartstrings are wonderful and a great contrast to Moonrocks. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this really positive feedback, Sue. I'm very grateful because I'm still learning and finding my way through the 'tangles'!! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax