Saturday 22 March 2014

String Thing 32

This week, Adele - on Tickled to Tangle - gave us a challenge that I found quite difficult. I didn't warm to any of the tangles...though the names might have had something to do with that! I mean, 'Warped Eggs', 'Worms' and 'Warts and Wobbles' are not the most elegant choices for the names of tangles!

However, this is not Adele's fault! She gave us a string that was simple, straight forward and uncomplicated - a 'back to basics' she called it.


....and so it was.

Our patterns were all beginning with 'W' - and could include those in the following list:

Warangaie - Sandra Strait
Warble - a Zentangle® pattern
Warped Eggs - Livia Chua
Warts and Wobbles - Cindy Straight
Wired - Suzanne McNeill, CZT
Wirly Bird - Cathy Clifford
Worms - Carolyn


I used all the tangles and have since used 'Worms' again as it can actually look very elegant - particularly in white on black. I didn't make as much of it as I would have liked on my submission but we live and learn. Indeed, it was Annemarie over on Anne's Tangle Blog who made me feel I should send my tile to Adele, even though I didn't like it very much. The pleasure is seeing all the submissions together on Monday (evening for me) and enjoying the similarities, differences and variations.

So here is mine:




Hope you'll visit Adele on Monday or Tuesday to see all the entries.

2 comments:

  1. Well Annie, your tile is quite pretty after all. Glad you did join in. Thanks for mentioning my name.
    When I saw some other entries, I wondered why I did not think of certain things I could have done. There are some really great tiles there.
    Have a great, sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - there's a lovely selection this week and I agree - some things seem so obvious and perfect that I can't imagine why I didn't think of the same! I still think your's looked really lovely there with it's beautiful colourwash. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax