Saturday 7 June 2014

A little sidestep

This week, I've had no time to do my usual and favourite challenges - including 'A String Thing', the Diva Challenge, Cheryl's Artful Creations and the Wacky Facebook Challenge. Instead, I'm posting something that I was inspired to try by Marta Harvey. She did some beautiful stamps using erasers and I was utterly smitten. Buying the erasers was no problem but I was stuck when it came to finding the carving tool. As I wanted to use the idea with my two little creators (I teach them English but we do it through craft workshops, including Zentangle, which is fun for us all!) I had to improvise for our first class.
I used foam rubber shapes and stuck them onto flat surfaces - some little pots and plastic lids that I found at home - and off we went! I was really pleased with the results and will work on them some more. At this session, we just stamped randomly and then added some tangles here and there

These three are my attempts - the girls have their own at home - I shall take some photos next time because they are lovely!

What do you think?





2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love them!! You made quite a few, and they look amazing when you add tangles to them!! So glad you're having fun with them. By the way, I use a Speedball Carving Tool which you can find in any Arts and Crafts store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! By the way, I live in Andalucia in southern Spain....arts and crafts store???? Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax