Tuesday 17 June 2014

Diva Challenge 172 - Duotangle with Mooka and Auraknot

What a gorgeous couple! Mooka and Auraknot. Laura, on I am the Diva, says she has a love/hate relationship with Mooka. How could she? Mooka is delightful, flowing, smooth and elegant. Auraknot on the other hand leaves me looking like a small child - hunched over, tongue out, far too close to the page....and it never, ever looks as I want it to look.

So, I tried to do something a little different. I have used a Renaissance tile and drew my Auraknot in a sepia tone, (so you can't see it too well....) with a black Mooka behind it. I have gone to town on shading this week - again, shading can hide a multitude of little errors! Then I've highlighted with abandon with my fine white pen. It's not perfect but I quite like it.



I've already had a peek at some of the other entries to this week's challenge and there are some amazing contributions. I was quite bowled over by Debra Castaldi's gorgeous tile - wish I could do Auraknot with this amount of confidence.

Enjoy checking out all the others.

Axxx

18 comments:

  1. You've done a fantastic job. Your tile is so interesting and lovely. The white highlights, the shading, and the sepia and black give it such fascinating depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. So glad you like it. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Love the way that you did AuraKnot, and the white highlights make it sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I did AuraKnot quite badly but the white highlights do help to cover those bits up somewhat and I am pleased with the effect! Serendipity! Axxx

      Delete
  3. This is so unique. It has a see through quality that I really like. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - I did everything I could to actually disguise how I drew AuraKnot...but it has seemed to work well for me. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Your tile is so lovely. I like your highlighting. It makes the tile very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am grateful for your lovely comments, Beewatch - thank you so much. Axxx

      Delete
  5. I love it. Your treatment of the AuraKnot makes it appear to be made out of Glass. Very effective. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted you see it that way, David - thank you so much for leaving me this lovely comment. Axxx

      Delete
  6. I love the white highlights! and really, a rougher auraknot is so charming to me. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HeidiSue - good to know you like a bit of rough...:-) Axxx

      Delete
  7. Wow, Annie, this is stunning, I love the white highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annemarie - actually, without the highlights, it was difficult to see Auraknot at all - it's quite interesting to see how much the image changed when I added them. Axxx

      Delete
  8. Very well done. The white highlighting on Auraknot really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I wasn't sure if it was excessive but actually, the tangle didn't show up very well without the highlighting. Axx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax