Saturday 4 October 2014

String Thing 60 and Square One - Purely Zentangle

This week on Adele Bruno's 'A String Thing', we had a lovely elegant string by Diane Sexton and some tangles beginning with the letter 'X'. 'X', 'Xplode', 'Xav' and 'Xeni'.



Well, I usually only do one tangle for this challenge but found I couldn't incorporate all four of these tangles into my first attempt.  Here it is with three of the four -

I enjoyed doing it very much and LOVE 'Xplode'. Adele's 'Xav' reminds me 1970s wallpaper but I found I couldn't do justice to 'Xeni'. The blank circle should pay homage to an amazing tile that Michele Beauchamp did recently using just Fescu - I was entranced by it and this is my diminished version of that. I can't provide you a link because it was on Facebook but if you took part in the Square One - Purely Zentangle challenge recently, you may have seen it. Awesome! 

Anyway, the tile didn't satisfy my need to try out 'X' again, so I sat down and gave it my all. And I'm really pleased with the final result. Very different from the first tile and a thoroughly enjoyable experience, so thank you Adele and thank you Lila!

As always, seeing what other entries look like is such fun when Adele posts on Mondays.

6 comments:

  1. I like your tiles very well, you are playing lovely with the patterns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both tiles, and I do think you did X justice in the second tile. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JL, X is very interesting and can look a bit messy but I did really work on this one. Ax

      Delete
  3. The first tile is really beautiful, Annie, but the second ...... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - I agree with you, it was quite a difficult combination of tangles but 'X' in the second one completely took over. I'm so glad you like it! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax