Friday 24 October 2014

Diva Challenge 190, String Thing 63, Square One and Wacky Challenge...busy week!

Hi everyone - I've been doing a lot of tangling this week and have a variety of different tangles to share here.

First up is the Diva Challenge, which this week honours Laura's Grandma Ardath, who suffered from breast cancer and as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I can't think of any better inspiration than to honour Grandma Ardath's memory this way - and of course, promote the practice of self-examination and awareness of changes in our own breasts.

I had a mammogram a few months ago and all seemed fine - until I got a phone call asking me to go back. I was momentarily worried but in the end, I was reassured that there was no problem with me, but that the left X-ray hadn't been done as well as it could have been. The radiographer told me there and then that the new X-ray showed all was fine. Phew.

Laura said to use pink, which seems such a good idea, and here is my 'Pink for Ardath' tangle based on the pink ribbon logo, with just two tangles - Heartstrings and Crescent Moon - the background is a tangle of my own based on an optical illusion I saw - there are no curved lines in the drawing, but if you join the 'corners' of the squares and shade, then little circles 'pop' out all over! The stepouts are here and I call it 'Skwirl'

My second contribution to the challenges on the go this week is for 'A String Thing', run by Adele Bruno on 'Tickled to Tangle'. Adele gives us a string and a set of tangles - and off we all go. The results are always fantastic for their invention and diversity and I love this challenge. Especially as it included Quandry and Quib this week! What's not to like. Here is my tile. It went a bit skewiffy in the scanner but never mind. Also included are Quere and Quiltz.


Moving swiftly on, I think the Square One - Purely Zentangle group over on Facebook - has attracted dedicated Zentangle folk from all corners of the earth. This week we had the eternally inspiring and glorious Aquafleur to play with and I did enjoy it - and seeing all the wonderful contributions.

This is one of my entries, together with a modified Meer and Chillon in the background - oh, and a few beadlines. There have been some incredible variations on this lovely tangle and it's a very supportive and inspiring group.

Also on Facebook is the Wacky Zentangle Challenge, which is sort of opposite from the purist approach of Square One. This week, we were challenged to do teeny tiny tangles - as small as coins. I have here four that I did - and you'll just have to take my word that they are all the size of a 1 euro coin...which is not big! I really enjoyed them but wish I had made them into 'Inchies' with the borders around. Maybe if I have some time I will do this.
Aura-Leah and Tipple
Peanuckle with a hached background

Cyme and Fescu


Heartstrings and Florz

And that's it - if you made it this far, thank you so much for sticking with me to the end. Hope you liked what you saw. Axxx


14 comments:

  1. You have been busy, Annie. Love all of your Tiles. So creative. Your Diva Challenge Tile is wonderful. Love the pink ribbon and how you embellished it. Your new background pattern is so effective. It gives support to the main player in your tile, without dominating. Wonderful design. Your string thing is wonderful, and your aquafleur is glorious. Your Teeny Tiny Tangles are awesome. Love your entire Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushing with pride at such glowing praise...thank you so much, David. Just read your comment on my new tangle too..so glad you like that too. Ax

      Delete
  2. Super pink ribbon in your challenge tile

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely work all - love your pink ribbon with the hearts in it. love the optical effect of skwirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kia. Hope you'll give Skwirl a whirl! Ax

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Wow, delighted ... do let me know when you do, won't you? Ax

      Delete
  5. This background tangle is fantastic, I'm going to try it later. Thanks for sharing, Annie. All you work is very lovely and it's not possible for me to pick a favorite. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annemarie. Glad you like it and I'm having a great weekend, thank you! Ax

      Delete
  6. What a lot of fun you had this week. Can't wait to try Skwirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn - I hope you do try Skwirl and I hope you like it. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely pink ribbon, and wow! Great other work too!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax