Friday 7 February 2014

Diva Challenge and Zendala Dare

Oh dear, it has been a most uninspired week for me. Still full of cold, still feeling incredibly lethargic and rather miserable - and very like my Aquafleur of last week!! I've struggled with both the Diva's challenge and Erin's birthday Zendala....but it's important to me to keep going. To keep tangling and to keep learning. I do feel as though I've slid backwards this week though ... hope the mojo comes back soon!

I have loved looking at other entries to these two challenges and there's a lot of really lovely tangles that should have given me lots of inspiration - but unfortunately, when you're down, instead of feeling inspired, there's more of a tendency to feel inadequate.

BUT enough of the wallowing in self-pity (I find a little does help though, so forgive me.)

Erin - I wish you a very happy birthday and I have included in my Dare #90, two new tangles that I have really enjoyed learning and using. I don't have a single 'favourite' but at the moment, I am really loving 'Fassett' from Lynn Mead and 'Ditto' from Sue Jacobs. So, with a few candles (there are 28 - it's a nice age) from me and very best wishes, Erin, here's my Dare.



As for the Diva's Challenge to 'Use My Tangle' - oh dear, did I struggle! I know it's a lovely pattern and not difficult - 'Jailed Johnny' by Sadelle Wiltshire - but I couldn't get anything decent to emerge from my many attempts. Not wanting to give up, my last and final attempt was in the form of a Zendala, which I did free hand, and you'll just have to believe this is the best of a bad lot!! I have to stress again, having seen some of the other stunning submissions, I know it's me and not the tangle - I suspect it appeals more to the really artistic amongst you. I'm not too bad at drawing one line at a time and that's about it!



Thanks for popping by.



22 comments:

  1. Love this, Erin's Zendala is so fun. Really enjoy your Jailed Johnny Zia, great combination of Aquafleur and JJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniele - your kind comment has made me feel a bit better already! Axxx

      Delete
  2. These tangles are amazing, so detailed and beautiful.
    Hope your feel better quickly Annie
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by, Gill! Great to hear from you - I'm so enjoying the Zentangles but would be even happier to have rid of this horrid cold!! Axxx

      Delete
  3. I think you have done amazing Annie, love the candles on your dare. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lovely, Jenna - thank you. I am suddenly feeling better as it happens, too! Axxx

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful! Glad you gave it another try as this one turned out really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to pop by, Marta - thank you for leaving such a lovely comment too. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Love the little candles and so thrilled to see you using Ditto! I think you get the award for being the first (I've seen) to post a piece using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue - as for Ditto, well, I adore it!! It's definitely one of my favourites ever - so elegant and responsive to shading. Thank YOU for coming up with it! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Oh the candles are such a fun touch on the zendala dare! Your johnny is fine. sometimes the ones we seem to struggle with the most become our favorites once we try them again. Hang in there and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take your words of wisdom, Lady Kate, and persevere with Johnny! I do like what others have done with the tangle. Thank you so much. I will be better soon, I'm certain. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Annie, I do like them both and you are really to hard on yourself. What i do hope is that tangling helped a bit in this period of time.
    I also hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - I have felt rather down recently and that makes me hard on myself but also, I have felt uninspired....but yes, tangling has been really helpful and always makes me feel better. It's a long time since I have had such a horrid cold - it is going now though, I hope!
      Axxx

      Delete
  8. Like the shading and dimension that you created in your Zendala Dare. I like you "punkish" style in the second with Jailed Johnny. You added another nice variation to the ones that have been posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald! Now you have made my Jailed Johnny sound credible. I like 'punkish' and think it suits very well what I enjoy doing with some Zentangles...Axxx

      Delete
  9. Both are beautiful! I like your imaginative zendala with these little candles! Also your variation of Jailed Johnny is wonderful! Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very kind, LonettA - thank you! The candles are my birthday variation on Quib. Axxx

      Delete
  10. You made me smile out loud when I saw the birthday candles! Your Jailed Johnny is cleverly done also. Both look very creative to me. Wishing you smiles back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jean - a birthday has to have candles! I am beginning to feel much better and just really enjoyed doing this week's String Thing...smiles help. Axxx

      Delete
  11. that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax