Wednesday 26 February 2014

I am the Diva Challenge #156

Curvy grids this week from Laura, on I am the Diva! Apparently someone had problems drawing straight grid lines - well, guess what! So do I! But that's one of the things I've loved about Zentangle from the start - it doesn't matter!

My grids are always a bit wonky and I love them all the more for being so... However, strangely enough - like all challenges - the challenge was to make them curvy or wonky ON PURPOSE!

Well, I enjoyed this one so much, I did it twice and then another!!

I've caught a glimpse of some of the other entries and they look absolutely FANTASTIC!! What a great challenge...and what a lot of exclamation marks I've used this week....!

Hope you like mine - off to look at what others have done now in greater detail.

This is actually the last one I did - again, great fun to do!


This is my first one, and the one my boys liked best. 


And this was my last one, which I think I like best.


Thank you so much for looking. Let me know what you think - I do appreciate it.

24 comments:

  1. Superb! I really love your tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Ledenzer - I can't tell you how happy you've made me today! Thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  2. I do like them both but especially your idea of grids within a grid on the second one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - each time I finished one, I immediately thought how I could have done it better...this is one to work on still! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Both are beautiful! Especially I like your Cubine swirl in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lonetta - I would still like to keep doing this one to get it just how I want it. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I like the little dangle touches here and there :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Helen - I will also be working on dangly bits! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with these. I, myself, may never make a "straight" line again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean - I absolutely agree with you! Who needs straight lines. Axxx

      Delete
  7. I like them both... Too close to call an absolute favorite, but the grids within a grid on #2 does stand out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I would really like to do both again with more 'finesse' as I think they could definitely be better but I like the 'ideas'. Axxx

      Delete
  8. Annie, these are both so very beautiful. I like the little 'things' here and there, it makes it quite playful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - it's a lovely thing to say! Axxx

      Delete
  9. Annie. I love all your tiles. I can't choose which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val - just glad you like them!! Axxx

      Delete
  10. Well, the last one is also very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Annemarie - thank you for looking and commenting, I do appreciate it. Axxx

      Delete
  11. I wish I could get my shading as good as yours! I love how you get the 3-d effect on flat paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, thank you! Great compliment - and I do love shading for exactly the reason that it can make things 'pop'! Axxx

      Delete
  12. The last one is gorgeous! Great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you LonettA - it was such a fun challenge and I think we've all really enjoyed it. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wonderful Zentangle quilts! You've been a busy tangler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniele - at times, I suspect I put tangling ahead of more 'important' things....and then I think - what's more important than tangling?
      Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax