Tuesday 1 April 2014

Diva Challenge #161 - Quandary

Our challenge issued by Laura, on IamtheDiva, this week was to see how we all 'do' the tangle 'Quandary'....are we perfectionists, do we use a grid, is it difficult or do we love it? I always thought it was difficult because I am so much of a NON-perfectionist that I am usually very slapdash about it - and often lose the pattern completely.

I like the tangle very much and loved Laura's tile this week - it was as perfect as I can imagine...although I haven't looked at the submissions from everyone else yet! I'm always amazed at the imagination, skill and sheer artistry that results from these challenges.

My own submission this week shows I did put a bit more effort into getting the tangle right...no grid, of course, and a few extra rice grains managed to sneak in where they shouldn't...but it was fun to do and wonderful practice. Maybe there'll be time to have another go!!




I did have time for another go - and again, really enjoyed this one too. I could have perhaps been a little more careful with the 'sparkle' on my big Quandary....my inexperience showing here and a bit of a shaky hand today. But I feel this challenge has really given me the opportunity to practice a very versatile tangle. Thank you!


26 comments:

  1. Your Quandary is lovely. If I could do it that evenly, I wouldn't use a grid, but I can't, so I do LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good practice - I've just looked at yours and it's great - I may try it with a grid, especially a curvy one. Thanks. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Great tile Annie, I like that you made quandary in so many different styles. I love the ones with the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Didisch - I always take the Diva at her word and she said 'practice' - which is why there are so many little practices! The sparkle ones are what I like best too. Axxx

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to try it with a grid... I love the way they turn out when they are even, but mine never turn out that way. Your's is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment on my Quandary, Kelly. I do like it to have an 'evenness' but I think a freehand version is best - but it's great to have the option!! Try it - I'm going to.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this tile is so very beautiful. The sparkled one is gorgeous, your are so good with this difficult tangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind, Annemarie....I think I still need a lot of practice but it's really helpful doing the challenge as lots of people have shared their stepouts. I am going to try and do another one. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Love how your little Quandaries keep morphing into different styles. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little quandaries were very busy, Linda! Couldn't keep them under control...Axxx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the drop shadows!

    (Of course they are roll necks! A salamander can't wear a turtle neck. It's goes against nature!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly Bee!! And you have made me laugh - I agree absolutely about the salamander and the turtle neck...how COULD they? Axxx

      Delete
  7. Very lovely tiles. I also tried different kinds of quandary. You did a really great job with both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind - thanks for this lovely comment. Axxx

      Delete
  8. I think you did a great job. Like the different variations that you tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald - another incredibly versatile tangle that's great fun to do. Axxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - I am happier with the second one and felt the practice in the first one was starting to pay off... Axxx

      Delete
  10. Both are wonderful! I like the way you varied Quandary ... wonderful job! Especially I like your Quandary with the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA - as always, I've learned such a lot through the challenge..and from others too. I think the sparkles might have worked better if I'd put them across the short space, rather than the long one...will have to try that. Axxx

      Delete
  11. I really like both of your entries!! I think they are beautiful!!
    Thank you! ~ Diane Clancy

    http://dianeclancy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are wonderful, Annie. I like all the different variations you have done with the same basic shape. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to meet you Gloria and thanks for such a lovely and encouraging comment. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax