Monday 21 April 2014

Diva Challenge 164. Earth Day

Tuesday is Earth Day, or as Laura´s son, Chewie, has renamed it, Amanda Day! How lovely. Our challenge this week was to do something appropriate to mark this day.

Living in the country, as we do, I feel much closer to the Earth now than I have at other times of my life. We are busy planting trees and tending our bit of land. We're not quite as green as we might one day be, but we are striving to do our bit and to be as planet conscious as possible. For more information, visit the Earth Day website and see what you could do to make a difference.

I decided to be brave and embrace colour this week. I haven´t coloured my tangles but I did use a page that I prepared with colour, using my daughter´s gouache colours from Djeco. They´re gorgeous colours and I chose ones that resonated with the earth and the sea.

I loved doing this one so much and although drawing on the paint was a challenge at times, I´m pleased with the result of using colour in this new way for me. There´s no hidden significance to the tangles I chose. I just wanted to celebrate the day with something a little different for me. Let me know what you think, won´t you?

Thanks Laura aka I am the Diva (and Chewie) for such a great challenge. Make sure you check out all the entries as there are sure to be some fantastic ones this week.


And let´s all think seriously about our beautiful planet, not just tomorrow, but always.


34 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color on this one Annie. Beautiful tangling too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean! I've been experimenting with colour when we painted our eggs - you may see a lot more colour from me from now on! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl - enjoyed creating the whole thing and colour is such a new thing for me. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Not only the composition but the colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly - as always there are bits I could have done better but as always, Zentangle allows a little flexibility in the process!! Axxx

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous, Annie! I love the colors, I love the design, in fact I love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie! To be honest, I keep looking at it again - I'm rather pleased with how it's turned out! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Wauw, very beautiful, nice patterns and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmela - the colours are lovely and the paint I used is really good. I'm very pleased with how it looks and so glad you like it too.. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Annie, you hit it out of the ball park on this one!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!!Really, you did an amazing job on Earth Day!!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette - what a fantastic thing to say! The colours are wonderful - from a children's paint set too and I was really pleased with how it turned out too...Axxx

      Delete
  7. This is truly gorgeous. My eye keeps going from one tangle to the next, wanting to pick a favorite section, but I can't. I love it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you, Katie! I think I hit really lucky with the lovely rich colours - the tangles are just some of my favourite (but not ALL of them!) Glad you like it. Axxx

      Delete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! So colorful and full of different patterns. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan - it was something new for me and I'm very pleased with the result. Axxx

      Delete
  9. Your tile and the colours are absolutely gorgeous, stunning, fantastic... I can't find the right words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beewatch....I am so grateful for such lovely feedback! Axxx

      Delete
  10. Love the way you used the gouache - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and leaving me this lovely comment, Leslie. Axxx

      Delete
  11. Great ZIA ! Like the background you created and the tangle work is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald - I think the colours really helped inspire me. Axxx

      Delete
  12. Hello, you paint wonderful!
    I'm very happy to re-read with you!
    Greetings from Germany, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you *Manja* - and greetings to you too, from Andalucia, Axxx

      Delete
  13. I love your art this week abso fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon - that's a lovely compliment. Axxx

      Delete
  14. This is really really beautfiul!! These colors make the earth too!
    ~ Diane Clancy

    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/04/amanda-earth-day-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane - it was a real challenge for me to use colour and get such great feedback from people about it. Axxx

      Delete
  15. If drawing on the paint was a challenge it was well worth it because the end result is beautiful. So many tangles too! Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda - it was a challenge worth working at and I am pleased with the result. Glad you like it and thank you for commenting. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax