Wednesday 9 April 2014

Diva Challenge #162

In a real rush this week as we're upgrading our computers and nothing seems to work properly....at the moment. (And I have my fingers crossed as I say that - no easy task when typing!) And sorry about the shaded edge on my tile - I drew it in a notebook I bought at the wonderful Alhambra in Granada this weekend. What an inspiring place to visit - and paradise for a Zentangle practitioner!!

I didn't think to capture my string before I started tangling - my initials are AT and I do them one on top of the other, with the cross bar of the A sharing the cross bar of the T - quite obvious when you see my tangle!

I decide to use only those tangles that started with A and T as well, to make it even more personal and that way, got to try a few I didn't already know.

Great challenge by the lovely Laura on I am the Diva. Thanks for looking - let me know what you think and don't forget to see all the other great contributions on Laura's blog.

Ax


22 comments:

  1. I now want to go to the Alhambra in Granada, it sounds so exotic :) Great tangle, I love the trumpits... Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it is really one of the most glorious places in the world and it's less than an hours away...I would be there all the time if our own beautiful Moorish castle wasn't just ten minutes away!! Pure pleasure!
      Thank you - the trumpits are lovely, aren't they? Axxx

      Delete
  2. The shading is very nicely done. What fun you must have had shopping. There's nothing better than a new notebook just waiting to be filled. I also like the Trumpits. I don't think I have ever used them before. Must fix that at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean - I always love the shading part so I'm glad you like it. There's nothing better shopping for a new notebook, especially in such a gorgeous setting. I think I will be using Trumpits again too! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tile and great shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lily - I'm always so very impressed by your work. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Nice touch of using your chop for your string. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald...I had no idea it was called a chop! I feel enlightened!! Axx

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, Annie and what great shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - I had to admit that the shading is almost my favourite part of tangling...! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful! Lovely choice of tangles and your shading is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LonettA - lucky for me that A and T gave me such a great choice of tangles! Axxx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tile, I have been to Alhambra but it was many years ago. I'll stick it back on my bucket list....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie! If you ever come to the Alhambra to visit again, you must let me know. I think two tanglers would find even more pleasure in exploring it together than one on her own! Axxx

      Delete
  8. Wow! Love the idea you used to only feature tangles starting with the same letters as your initials. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Nat - and as I said to LonettA, there were some really lovely A and T tangles to choose from. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great composition! Love the airy tangles you chose. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such lovely positive comments, Tricia. Axxx

      Delete
  11. that is a very nice tile i would love to see that on a card fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon - it was fun to do ..happy to do it on a card for someone with the same initials!! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax