Friday 25 April 2014

Tackle it Tuesday, Wacky Tangle Challenge and A String Thing!

My very first Renaissance tile!! How I have longed to do one of these. My mum is visiting from the UK and brought me a big pack of them along with some gorgeous Copic pens - a Sepia one and two 0.05 fineliners. Oh frabjous day!

This is my tile for the 'I' tangles on Cheryl's Artful Creations blog - I used a variation on Ixorus, Ilana and Inapod...some of my peas escaped!



I so love the blend of colours but I am still a complete novice, especially when it comes to adding highlights and shadows! So off to do another one just now for the Wacky Challenge, which is looking at Initials.


I chose an 'S' as this is for my friend, Sam, who is leaving our beautiful town of Alcala la Real today to go back to Scotland. Not through a 'heart' choice, but a financial head one. I shall miss her very, very much. Bon voyage and good luck, Sam. 

I missed Adele Bruno's 'String Thing' last week simply because I forgot to send her my tile - but I've sent it this week.

This is the original string, 031, by Pat Ferguson/



and our tangles were:
Paushalöv by CZT Amy Brody
Pavonia by Angie Shade
Paizel by CZT Angie Vangalis
Palvero by Karry Heun








I could possibly have copied the string a little better - I made the central loop too 'square' on - but it was a good opportunity to learn some new tangles and practice on the tan tile....




Do check out the amazing variety of tiles sent in for Adele's lovely challenge - it's always so interesting to see how different people interpret the same instructions! The tangles are usually posted on Monday evening (for me here in Spain).

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure Sam will love it...hope she gets back to see you again soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice - I didn't quite get it finished in time to give it to her, but I will probably do an I and a J for the girls and then send them all on to Scotland. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Zwei wunderschöne Tangle!
    Liebe Grüße und gutes Wochenende,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! (That's about the extent of my German, but thank you very much!) Axxx

      Delete
  3. These are very nice. I haven't done my initial one for the Wacky challenge yet, but I need to. I think I have to check out the string thing one as well as I haven't been participating in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly...I like all the challenges as they all address something a little different in learning curve. A String Thing is particularly interesting - it seems prescriptive as it provides the string and the tangles to use - but the variations that people come up with is amazing! You get to use new tangles too!
      Axxx

      Delete
  4. Annie, these tangles are fantastic. How long does it take to do one?

    I'm sure Sam will love the one you've done for her, and miss you and her old home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaynor and thank you very much for popping by and leaving me a comment! These are all small tiles - about 10cm square and probably take under an hour each. Some of my others have taken longer and I have been known to keep working on the same one for a whole evening....without noticing where the time has gone.
      Sam should be back in Scotland now - she'll definitely miss us and Alcala will miss her!
      Axxx

      Delete
  5. Your tiles just sparkle on the renaissance tiles - beautiful linework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! I'm so glad to have some to try out! Axxx

      Delete
  6. All three are beautiful, Annie. I love the white accents on the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - I am still learning with the tan tiles but I am enjoying the process very much. Axxx

      Delete
  7. Always just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax