Wednesday 16 April 2014

Wacky Tangle Challenge, A String Thing 36 and Artful Creation Challenge...'H'

Another great set of challenges to take part in this week.

Via Facebook, I take part in the Wacky Tangle Challenge and this week, it was suggested we tangle a favourite quote. Well, I don't really have one but it occurred to me that 'O, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive' might be rather a good one to choose. I had always thought this was something Shakespeare had written....and I was wrong! Apparently, it is by Walter Scott! I was very glad to know this in case I ever have the chance to share this knowledge in the future...

I only used the first part of the quote and wish that I'd thought to aura all the words so that they stand out as well as 'weave' does....but never mind, I quite like it.

Tangles used: Cadent, Huggins, Verdigogh, Mist, Florz, Diva Dance, Worms, Ornamato, Quandary, Trumpits, Shattuck and Ditto ..oh, and a little bit of Agua!


Next came the challenge from Cheryl on her Artful Creations blog, Tackle it Tuesday. This week, it's all H tangles. I chose a new one for me called HiCs, which I LOVE! Plus Hurry, Henna Drum and Hollibaugh.



And finally, Adele's regular String Thing Challenge! A very 's' shape but the tangles were all to begin with 'Bu' in honour of the String's creator, Bunny Wright.


Bucky and 
Bunzo - official Zentangle® patterns
Bubbles by CZT Suzanne McNeill
Buttercup by CZT Sandy Bartholomew

Bucky was a tricky one and new to me, but I gave it my best shot and gave it a bit more space that the string really offered..... I think this tile is quite strange but I don't dislike it.

Thanks for popping by - do let me know what you think! Axxx

6 comments:

  1. There was no end of trouble with my Bucky in my tile and somewhere i lost control about the lines. Youry is very. You had more succes with Bucky. I like your tile and I felt the same way with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bucky was tricky but I found a trick in doing it that helped keep me on track! Thank you - it was an unusual combination, wasn't it? Axxx

      Delete
  2. Sorry, there slipped some quirky words in my comment. Don't know how, lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten to the wacky weekly yet, but I love that! Your H compilation is really nice! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hot pink addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly - I am still at the experimenting stage with colour - you may have noticed that I tend to stick to just one at a time! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax