Thursday 8 May 2014

Diva Challenge #166 (UMT), Wacky Zentangle Challenge and K Tangles

It's been a busy week but I've managed to find the time to do my usual set of challenges - must get my priorities right - (started a new job too...!)

For the Diva this week, as it's the first of the month, and the month is May, and May is when it's Laura's birthday, she asked us to Use My Tangle...and she really did mean HER tangle! Interestingly, it's a tangle without a name thus far. Hmmm....so tempting to try and find the perfect one...

It's a very simple tangle with circles and connecting lines and I chose a tan tile to tangle on. I immediately thought of planets and a sort of interstellar highway. I kept it very simple and added a couple or three 'Aahs' to the whole and the job was done. Thank you Laura - and here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday when the day comes.


The Wacky Challenge was 'Spring Flowers' inspired and we were challenged to tangle a version based on this concept. I decided to use all the tangles I could immediately think of that were vaguely flower-related whilst not actually BEING flowers. I really enjoyed it and am pleased with the final version.
Includes: Pokeleaf, Vigne, Wyst, Treadwith, Fungee, Pendrils, Zinger, Fern, Fescu, Clove, Buttercup and Verdigogh

Also a lovely one to do this week was Cheryl's Artful Creations - as we work our way through the alphabet, we have reached the letter 'K' and I discovered the wonderful 'Knyt'....I love knitting anyway but was ridiculously delighted to be tangling knitting!! Loved doing this one, Cheryl - thank you!

Includes: Kuke, Knyt, Krly-Qs, Knot Rickz and Kofeforn

I still have 'A String Thing' to complete but having seen Lily Moon's glorious composition already, I'm not sure I can do anything that I will like even half as much....she's done exactly what I had in mind, only better. If I get the time, I will do it as Adele's challenge is great fun each week and it's great to see the final tiles and how different they all are.

Happy tangling and thanks for popping by.
Axxx


23 comments:

  1. All are beautiful but the first one is my favourite. Fantastic 3d effect on the drops! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily - I hope you don't mind my link to your page but I so love your String Thing entry this week I wanted to tell EVERYONE about it!!! Axxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Annie! I'm honored :)

      Delete
  2. Without a tangling bone in my body, I am in awe of your wonderful creations. It is clear from your writings just how much you love tangling. Bravo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now you have to know that I don't have a drawing bone in my body, Gaynor, and didn't know whether I had a tangling one til I tried it....as you can tell, I am so glad I did! Axxx

      Delete
  3. See, there you go. Never look at others' work before you do your own. We must stop comparing what we do against each other. You do such beautiful work that I'm sure, whatever you do, will be glorious! I really like the challenge piece as the white accents really make it pop off the page, and, as a knitter, I am so impressed with your drawing of knitting. I can't even imagine trying to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jean - and I will give it a go! Thank you so much for your lovely words of encouragement. The knitting one was, of course, not as complicated as it looks with super step outs to follow. You'll have 'knitted' a scarf before you know it - on the page, that it is.
      Axxx

      Delete
  4. Your Renaissance tile is great. The highlighting with the white adds a lot to this tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love creating depth through shading - the tan tiles are wonderful because you can add highlights too! I knew I'd love using them and I do. Thank you Donald.
      Axxx

      Delete
  5. The one at the top almost looks embossed! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly - it was such a super simple one to do but I tried to make 'effects'. Glad you like it. Axxx

      Delete
  6. Love all your tiles, but especially like your "Spring Flowers"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan - it was such a pleasing one to do and I learnt 'Fungees' and 'Vigne' too, so double joy!

      Delete
  7. Wieder wundervolle Arbeiten!
    Schönes Wochenende,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Und noch einmal, ich danke Ihnen!
      Schönes Wochenende, Manja.
      Axxx

      Delete
  8. All three are beautiful! Each of them has a separate impression! Wonderful done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA. I do enjoy trying new things and I found some lovely new tangles here. Axxx

      Delete
  9. Wonderfully done tiles. I like each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Annie, you've done such wonderful things here. I love all of them.
    Hope the new job will be what you want of it! So, lots of success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annemarie! If my job isn't what I hope, then I'll just tangle more and more!! Axxx

      Delete
  11. Your unnamed is very nice. I LOVE your garden piece - what challenge do you do that for? Very sweet and pretty!! #3 is also lovely!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/05/divas-unnamed-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Diane. The flowers piece (yes, I did a whole garden, didn't I!) was for the Wacky Zentangle Challenge which you can find on Facebook if you're a FB user. Axxx

    ReplyDelete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax