Friday 2 May 2014

String Thing #38, Wacky Tangle and J Tangles

Another trio of challenges which I have enjoyed doing this week.

The first one I did was for the Facebook, Wacky Zentangle Challenge, which this week suggested trying a monotangle. I wasn't sure what to choose but Knightsbridge sort of chose itself. I enjoyed it in a very simplistic sort of way....





Then there was Cheryl's Artful Creation challenge of tangling our way through the alphabet. This week, we're up to 'J' and I chose to use a couple of new to me ones, Jonquil and Jalousie - always good to learn new tangles!


Finally, for Adele Bruno's String Thing Challenge, we are celebrating four years of Linda Farmer's 'Tangle Patterns', the invaluable blog that contains so many Zentangle patterns and Strings and other wonderful information...what would we do without it?? Thank you Linda!

We were given 'A' tangles, including Aquafleur, Aura-Leah, both of which I know and love - plus two more new ones for me, Axlexa and AAs. We used Adele's own string which is a bit like a sideways '4' and so very appropriate. I let my pen do just as it wished and ended up with a rather strange piece! To me, it looks like three rather nosy Aquafleurs looking over a wall!

Check out the links to see what others have done - that's really the best bit of these challenges!
Thanks for popping by.
Ax

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Have a nice weekend, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Manja and the same to you! Axxx

      Delete
  2. Your tile for Adele´s Challenge is really beautiful. Especially I like your way to use Aura-Leah ... wonderful accent here! Wonderful done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks LonettA! I enjoyed the challenge though it was quite difficult for me to get those four tangles lining up together! Axxx

      Delete
  3. As usual, I love your shading and highlights - which I'm studying for guidance - you have a delicacy that I'm striving for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Sal (but THANK you!) For delicacy , check out Michelle Beauchamp - aka Shelly Beach. She's one of my heroes! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax